Muscular or skinny?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kookydooky, May 13, 2010.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

As in all things, there's alot more latitude when you're tall. Tall-and-skinny and tall-and-ripped can both work for the individual. Shorter guys really need to bulk up to avoid being completely physically insubstantial. And unlike tall skinny guys who can successfully experiment with silouettes, those of us who are squattier in stature have to wear fitted clothes head-to-toe.

I cant recall meeting a short muscular guy who didn't have SMS. They also have a high likelihood of having a very disturbing cruel streak. Besides, bulking up just makes them look shorter.

2. kinch

kinch Well-Known Member

It's all about naturally broad shoulders. My chest-to-waist drop is 6, which is about average, but my shoulders give the impression that I have a great v shape.

3. hngu7721

hngu7721 Active Member

Finding clothes that fit me properly without any alterations is almost impossible.

I'm 5'9"
    185 lbs
    Waist 33
    Chest 45
    Shoulders 53
    I usually wear xl and have the dry cleaners take in the sides and bottoms.

Any suggestions for rtw brands more suited for muscular physiques?

4. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

I admittedly have a little bit of teh ghey for the Danish Men's Lightweight 4-. FWIW, all these guys race at 160 lbs. or lower, and their boat average must be 155 lbs. or lighter. [​IMG]

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Yeah, my shoulders are quite broad; they're usually the determining factor in whether something fits and not my chest. So many damn things I try on are voluminous in the chest and then tight in the shoulders. Db, I'm 6'4".
    I guess the grass is always greener. But it's much easier to tailor chest, as well as gain size in chest, than to tailor shoulders or gain size in shoulders.
    I cant recall meeting a short muscular guy who didn't have SMS. They also have a high likelihood of having a very disturbing cruel streak. Besides, bulking up just makes them look shorter.
    It depends how much you bulk and whether you keep things proportional. As long as you don't go overboard on certain muscles, you're fine.
    I admittedly have a little bit of teh ghey for the Danish Men's Lightweight 4-. FWIW, all these guys race at 160 lbs. or lower, and their boat average must be 155 lbs. or lighter. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...k/photo-37.jpg]
    that's pretty sick.

6. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

skinny...muscular is overrated.

7. MyLeftNut

MyLeftNut New Member

I'd say whatever that's your ideal weight would work best on your physical build, but of course that would require adapting to your real physical environment.

8. cez

cez Senior member

Otter says what's up.

[​IMG]

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That picture is even better if you imagine there's a vagina just out of sight

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

That picture is even better if you imagine there's a vagina just out of sight

heh, he didn't send you that one yet i guess

11. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

The subtle implications within this thread are rather amusing. 5 Stars.

12. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Senior member

Rock hard muscles but not in a HUGE MUSCLES way. Like Roger Federer but without one arm being bigger than the other. Maybe skinnier than him. 'cause I'm skinny and I want a chance of being ideal
    Yeah that's what happens when you play tennis a lot lol, my right forearm is a bit bigger than my left. Oh and for guys that want the 'ideal' body, pullups and chinups are really good for upperbody and core excercise. not that i have the ideal body, i'm somewhat short, and I have to eat a lot just to gain a little weight but hey i don't complain that I can eat all the bbq I want.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I'm 5'6", 147 lbs. Not sure about my measurements actually, my chest is somewhere in the 38 range (suit jackets) and my waist is somewhere in the 29 area (pant size). I think im getting close to SMS without succumbing to it. For me, the vigor that i put into working out is more of an extension of geekiness than anything.

Then again, i'm reaching the limit of my ability to grow without drastically increasing my food/protein intake (vegetarianism, etc.) I figure as long as i keep pushing myself without eating a ton i'll just get more and more ripped (rather than built).

EDIT: you know what, nobody needs to see unsolicited pictures of my torso.

14. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

i'm 5'11" and 143 pounds, and have muscles

No you don't.

15. diamonds

diamonds Senior member

that's unfair. everyone has muscles to a degree unless... [​IMG]