1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Muscular or skinny?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kookydooky, May 13, 2010.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Just started working out again after 7 months and I'm sore as fuck (besides not being able to lift anything but light weight). Being big is only beneficial at the pool or beach, I think I will get swole during the summer months and get slim during the winter so I can layer and shit will fit me right.

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Just started working out again after 7 months and I'm sore as fuck (besides not being able to lift anything but light weight). Being big is only beneficial at the pool or beach, I think I will get swole during the summer months and get slim during the winter so I can layer and shit will fit me right.

You're doing it wrong. In reverse, actually.

I would like to keep up my workout schedule over the summer, but it just gets too damn hot. I saw some video of myself shirtless and didn't like how my belly looked, so maybe I'll just focus on crunches instead.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I mean less weights in the winter, not necessarily more cardio in the summer dawg. Plus I run summer nights, I can't do that in the winter my gums freeze haha.

4. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Too much Tnation fucking with my head. I don't mean skinny as an insult for you, hendrix, but you look relatively fit, thin, and proportional to me. It surprises me to hear that you are nearly having trouble with your p2p? Most shit has cavernous p2p sizes - I would think you lucky.

Haha, yeah most people would call me skinny in real life. On SF i'm a fat bastard.

yeah, it's not that bad at the moment. I think shoulder measurements have a lot to do with bone structure. I sometimes have to buy xs shirts to fit in the shoulder, and they tend to be tight in the chest (which to be honest i don't mind).

Nohomo, but i think Nil has the naturally broad shoulders which make clothes sit real nice.
    [​IMG]

as opposed to the dudes with a huge chest but no shoulders.

i'm going the other way. Bulking during winter, cutting before summer so i look good at the beach.

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

Photos are all illusion, too. Nil could have a fairly typical s2s, but a smaller than average waist. Can never tell heights, either.

7. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Yeah, my shoulders are quite broad; they're usually the determining factor in whether something fits and not my chest. So many damn things I try on are voluminous in the chest and then tight in the shoulders.

Db, I'm 6'4".

8. tagutcow

yeah, it's not that bad at the moment. I think shoulder measurements have a lot to do with bone structure.

Exactly, which is what I was trying to touch on with my skinny vs. slender comment. In the past few years I have gone from 172 (Fatty McFatFat) to 145 (skinny shit) back up to 175 (the studly, muscular adonis you see before yourselves today), and I have never not worn a size-medium.

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Exactly, which is what I was trying to touch on with my skinny vs. slender comment. In the past few years I have gone from 172 (Fatty McFatFat) to 145 (skinny shit) back up to 175 (the studly, muscular adonis you see before yourselves today), and I have never not worn a size-medium.

If you don't mind me asking; how tall are you, Tagut?

10. tagutcow

If you don't mind me asking; how tall are you, Tagut?

5'8", though occasionally I round up. [​IMG]

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Ideal body - ripped. Meaning muscular but with low body fat. Also, it should be proportional and the muscles shouldn't be too large.

Here is a picture for reference.

[​IMG]

That's not ripped by any stretch...

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

^Effective though, and obviously healthy. Dude is still playing, and he's what, 80? I think I want to give up on weights for the summer (won't even have regular gym access anyway) and just try to lose some bodyfat and keep up with bodyweight exercises. My weight, too, has fluctuated from 175-205-185 (soccer/lifting on-season/off) and my size hasn't changed - just the way pants fit my thighs/butt. Edit: Ljungberg/beckham/donovan/whoever might not be benching 450+, but those dudes are fit, and strong. I'd take that.

13. Grayland

Grayland Well-Known Member

^Effective though, and obviously healthy. Dude is still playing, and he's what, 80?

I think I want to give up on weights for the summer (won't even have regular gym access anyway) and just try to lose some bodyfat and keep up with bodyweight exercises.

My weight, too, has fluctuated from 175-205-185 (soccer/lifting on-season/off) and my size hasn't changed - just the way pants fit my thighs/butt.

Edit: Ljungberg/beckham/donovan/whoever might not be benching 450+, but those dudes are fit, and strong. I'd take that.

Beckham...strong? Fit, yeah, he should be as he's a pro soccer player, but strong?

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

5'8", though occasionally I round up. [​IMG]

Darn. We're both shorter than Conne. [​IMG]

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

pic or it isn't true

16. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

But I think when guys talk about most women not liking really muscular men, they're talking about the freakish abberations you see at body building contests.
    Yeah, when women express their distaste for muscles, they're usually, in my experience, talking about the disgusting shit on the covers of bodybuilding magazines. Some women do prefer skinny guys, but I think it's rare for women to be turned off by muscular physiques that do not involve drugs or contest-level cutting. I hear a lot of women say that they prefer a "lean, athletic build," but what they specifically have in mind (some Hollywood actor in his latest action pic) requires a great deal of muscle-building for the typical untrained guy to achieve.

17. flyguy7

flyguy7 Well-Known Member

^Kunk that's a great drop, you look awesome man. Honestly, I still don't think you have a 48" chest, at least when you're not spreading your lats. That doesn't take anything away from your build though, you're a beast

18. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Beckham...strong? Fit, yeah, he should be as he's a pro soccer player, but strong?

Bad example, maybe. I suppose I didn't have a point, other than that strength is very relative.

19. darkdream

darkdream Well-Known Member

Yeah, when women express their distaste for muscles, they're usually, in my experience, talking about the disgusting shit on the covers of bodybuilding magazines. Some women do prefer skinny guys, but I think it's rare for women to be turned off by muscular physiques that do not involve drugs or contest-level cutting. I hear a lot of women say that they prefer a "lean, athletic build," but what they specifically have in mind (some Hollywood actor in his latest action pic) requires a great deal of muscle-building for the typical untrained guy to achieve.
    They also normally distaste veins showing... meaning they want us fatter. haha

20. tagutcow

They also normally distaste veins showing...

Really!?! Every woman I've known has waxed rhapsodic about the vasculature of my wang.