1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

    We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

    We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

    Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

    Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net


    The Styleforum Team

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by KileyKaye, Sep 18, 2012.

  1. KileyKaye

    KileyKaye New Member

    Sep 18, 2012
    When i walk, the top of my foot including the muscle over my shin feels like its ripping and pulling, and I constantly have to limp. Do you think I pulled it, and should I go to the doctor about it?
  2. Lagrangian

    Lagrangian Well-Known Member

    Oct 19, 2009
    interior optimum
    of course you don't need to see a doctor, having your legs feel like theyre ripping apart while walking sounds totally legit
    1 person likes this.
  3. FLMountainMan

    FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

    Aug 18, 2006
    McAnally Flats

    I'll save you a doctor's visit. Rest it for three weeks, see a doctor if the pain continues.
  4. ajg esp

    ajg esp Active Member

    Jan 5, 2013
    Not a doctor, but it sounds somewhat similar to shin splints when I get them. Do you run or jump a lot? Or did you go something very physical recently despite generally not being very active?
  5. Revend4

    Revend4 Member

    Feb 21, 2013
    I am agreed that you no need to go for a dctor. I think its just a muscle strecthing problem and will be fine soon. Do some exercise of legs and some movement. I hope that it will be fine soon.
    Personal trainer Marketing
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  6. DextersMorgan

    DextersMorgan Well-Known Member

    Feb 20, 2013
    I had shin splints for years as a kid and it just means you are using more of the back side muscles of your legs than the front. The cracks in my legs were almost 100% it got so bad.

    Doctor will tell you to stay off your feet more often.

    What advice I did not get from the doctor that I wish I knew back then that I know now from reading tips on the internet and it works like a charm is this:

    Sit down with your legs raised level or resting on a foot stool or ottoman keep your legs straight do not bend them move your foot up and down. then point your foot up which will stretch the back side muscle as you try to make your toes point towards your face and hold it there for as long as possible then relax.

    Do this 3 times a week then your pain will go away after a few weeks.

    What also really helped me is getting very good shoes. Price is no object as you are going for comfort and what works for you. What I did is I bought Nike AIRMAX.

    The old name of airmax is Nike 360. Heel to toe walking on air.

    Good luck getting rid of your pain.

Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by