• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Murphy bed

jakejake

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with it? Is it comfortable? I have a studio, and I think this would be good but never owned one before. Where can I find a good deal? They tend to be pricey (~2K).

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no real experience with one (I did sleep on one at a Disney resort in Florida in about 1993 but cannot remember a thing about it), but wouldn't it just be as comfortable as whatever mattress you purchase for it? I believe that the bed frame has a series of straps that hold the mattress in place when it is in the raised position so you can probably put whatever mattress on it that you want (provided it's the right size).

I always imagined that they would be pretty useful in a small studio or somewhere that you have limited space.

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
Sorry, no experience here, but I am also interested in one. I'm relegated to my bedroom here at the home, and have thought of numerous ways of increasing space. The ultimate move would be owning a Murphy bed. However, it is not worth the price for me right now.

Look into some unfinished cabinets along with do-it-yourself kits.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.