• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murakami movie

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope they don't turn it into a ***** chick flick. Otherwise, I am ******* pumped. Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead) is doing much of the soundtrack!!
bounce2.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...reen-film.html

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason when I read the title I assumed it was referring to Takashi Murakami
facepalm.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
For some reason when I read the title I assumed it was referring to Takashi Murakami
facepalm.gif

So did I

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After reading some early reviews, it appears my deepest fears were justified and that a book that is so focused on nondemonstrative character development would not translate to the big screen well. :/

GlenCoe

Reaction score
sounds promising,
the music Jonny did for the movie There will be blood was ******* stellar

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World is phenomenal.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World is phenomenal.

They made a movie from this?

Also, probably my least favorite Murakami novel.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, it would kind of be unfilmable, I'm just saying it's a great book. I really liked it at least.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
Nah, it would kind of be unfilmable, I'm just saying it's a great book. I really liked it at least.

Okay, it wasn't that bad. I'm just being a dick as usual. It was a bit too out there for me. I prefer his more grounded-in-reality books.

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Okay, it wasn't that bad. I'm just being a dick as usual. It was a bit too out there for me. I prefer his more grounded-in-reality books.

+1

I liked Norwegian Wood better than Kafka... simply because of this. Mind you I haven't read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (saving the best for last) so I might change my mind about the supernatural stuff "ruining" his books.

pruppert

Reaction score
I read a pdf/ebook of Norwegian Wood, so i didn't have a back cover to tell me it was grounded in reality. Read it after Kafka, and so I kept waiting for something super-natural to happen...and it never did. Left me a little surprised, in all honesty.

Not sure if I liked Norwegian Wood more than Kafka, I though the progression/pacing of Kafka was part of what made it a great read, not sure if I got the same feeling in Norwegian Wood. Both spectacular though.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Murakami order:

1) Windup Bird
2) NorWood
3) Kafka
4) Sheep Chase
4) Dance
4) Souf of Border
7) Hardboiled

None of his books would work well as films. They just don't rely on plot enough.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about After Dark? I quite liked it and though the magical realism elements worked surprisingly well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads