• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Multiple pairs of the same jean?!?!

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
You have your tight, loose and baggy Ralfs just cuz you love the jeans so much. Does anyone do this? Or do you guys like one fit and get a bunch of diff brands with similar fits. I ask because I am tempted to get another pair of Straight 5ep in a bigger size. Does this make sense? I don't dislike my slim pair but I wanna be able to choose how I wanna look on any given day. Should I just get a diff jean all together? Kinda like getting everything on my wish list 1st before coming full circle and repeating a pair I already own. Am I nuts for even entertaining this thought?
confused.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I have two pairs of Ralfs, one a size up, one a size down. For the size down, I had the bootcut taken in and made it a straight leg, and the size up pair are greycasts. That's how I justified it. They really do have different silhouettes when I'm wearing them, so it's not that big a deal. I feel a little weird about it, though, yeah. If you really like the 5ep's in a larger size, and they look sufficiently different, I don't see any problem with it. Stick with what works.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
for me, i like the same fit represented by different brands. But I can see the reason behind getting the same jeans in different sizes for different looks too

afaludi

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of Boot cut olas, 1 dry and the other in the dark used wash. I just love the fit.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i want another pair of canes 1945b to keep dark. these are the best jeans ive ever had. fit perfectly too.

BourbonAndPeanuts

Reaction score
I like getting similar cuts in different denim weights for different seasons. For example, APC Rescues and Eternal 811s have fairly similar cuts but the Rescues, at 12 oz., are little light for winter whereas the Eternals, at 14.5 oz., are more than a little heavy for summer (especially since they're cut pretty slim).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads