• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mulberrywood Special Trad Ties for July

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This month at Mulberrywood we have 15 new ties, with a focus on the bright and cheerful. Three of our new ties are my favorites, all of them custom woven for clients. First in honor of American independence we have the American Trad Special #1
The-Trad-Special-1-pi-17173.gif
Next we have the Trad Special #2
The-Trad-Special-2-pi-17175.gif
Next we have the Longhorn which serious college football fans (and foes) in Texas will recognize:
The-Longhorn-pi-17172.gif
To round out the month we have 5 new English printed silk ties and several bright woven striped ties. PS Coming soon is our new Sam Hober brand in honor of our baby daughter Samantha. __________________

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
how is lil Sam, David?
She is very mischievous already and she is only five months old.
SamanathaJune06.jpg

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread or anything, but do you have a timeframe on those grenadine ties?

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Not to hijack your thread or anything, but do you have a timeframe on those grenadine ties?
Dah328, We have new silks generally the first week of the month. In August we will have some new English printed and woven silks for sure, and with luck we will have the first grenadine silks which are being woven in Italy. If I remember correctly you are interested in a deep purple and perhaps a silver? If you like I will send you swatches.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black is my #1 choice and deep purple my #2, but budget allowing, I'd be interested in many of the colors that were mentioned.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
David,

I am also quite interested in grenadines. The purple sounds lovely. I would also like to see a dark orange, bottle green, robin's egg blue and cranberry.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Black is my #1 choice and deep purple my #2, but budget allowing, I'd be interested in many of the colors that were mentioned.
Dah328, I am going to be very interested in the results of our black grenadine sales. The gentlemen who post on the forums seem to be split between those who are comfortable with black because it is a great look and those who only feel comfortable with black at formal events.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
David, I am also quite interested in grenadines. The purple sounds lovely. I would also like to see a dark orange, bottle green, robin's egg blue and cranberry. Thanks, Andrew
I am not sure if we will have a dark orange but we are planning on a light blue and something close to cranberry.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mulberrywood
I am not sure if we will have a dark orange but we are planning on a light blue and something close to cranberry.

Sounds great, I'd love to get some swatches when you have them available.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Sounds great, I'd love to get some swatches when you have them available.
I would be happy to send you some swatches. Please email me.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In August we will have some new English printed and woven silks for sure, and with luck we will have the first grenadine silks which are being woven in Italy.

I am in need of a black grenadine tie. If ever those arrive, please notify me/us.

Thanks,

John

Hanseat

Reaction score
I really like those ties, especially the second one- not that I'd have a faint memory of one of that...

p1090014edited0be.jpg

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I never got around to responding to your initial inquiry thread, but after reading it I had a vision: light gray and light blue (which I see you already have in the works). Looking forward to seeing them . . .

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
I am in need of a black grenadine tie. If ever those arrive, please notify me/us. Thanks, John
Jon, If you email me I will certainly let you know when the black grenadine silk has finished being woven and arrived in Denver.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads