• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mtv vma's @ 8

rsp1

Reaction score
I expect a serious clothes discussion to occur here afterwards.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to watch the VMA's, until Snoop decided to 'accessorize' with two women on leashes. I'll never watch it again, which is too bad, for there were some interesting things to see (and hear). Oh well.

Regards,
Huntsman (also getting older and crankier)

rsp1

Reaction score
ahh, I think I remember that.

On the fashion front, I'm fairly sure that Jon Stuart's wardrobe is by Canali. During the pre-show LL Cool Jay's women were wearing Helmut Lang and Gucci (they were quite blatant in declaring this on screen).

Overall, a somewhat boring (and disappointing) show. The Bush twins and Kerry daughters were a nice surprise.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ahh, I think I remember that.

On the fashion front, I'm fairly sure that Jon Stuart's wardrobe is by Canali.  During the pre-show LL Cool Jay's women were wearing Helmut Lang and Gucci (they were quite blatant in declaring this on screen).

Overall, a somewhat boring (and disappointing) show.  The Bush twins and Kerry daughters were a nice surprise.
What happened to Helmut Lang?

I blame the Prada group. Although their philosophy hasn't changed though.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched for about 15 minutes. What a horrible show this year. I remember watching 4 years ago and it was a great show. There were hardly any notable celebrities there. The stage set up looked like a halftime show. No one was dressed original either.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Andre 3000 wearing pleated pants.

Pleats are back.

Very disappointed that The Darkness didn't win any awards. LOL.

rsp1

Reaction score
I agree with you Mike C -- this year's show was absolutely terrible -- uncreative, boring, tedious and poorly produced. Props to Andre 3000 for being the only originally dressed person there. I don't know why P Diddy / Puffy / Sean gets garners much positive press for (supposedly) dressing well, he was unimpressive to say the least.

Edit: Montecristo -- lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads