1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mtv vma's @ 8

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rsp1, Aug 29, 2004.

1. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

I expect a serious clothes discussion to occur here afterwards.

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I used to watch the VMA's, until Snoop decided to 'accessorize' with two women on leashes. I'll never watch it again, which is too bad, for there were some interesting things to see (and hear). Oh well.

Regards,
    Huntsman (also getting older and crankier)

3. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

ahh, I think I remember that.

On the fashion front, I'm fairly sure that Jon Stuart's wardrobe is by Canali. During the pre-show LL Cool Jay's women were wearing Helmut Lang and Gucci (they were quite blatant in declaring this on screen).

Overall, a somewhat boring (and disappointing) show. The Bush twins and Kerry daughters were a nice surprise.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What happened to Helmut Lang?

I blame the Prada group. Although their philosophy hasn't changed though.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I watched for about 15 minutes. What a horrible show this year. I remember watching 4 years ago and it was a great show. There were hardly any notable celebrities there. The stage set up looked like a halftime show. No one was dressed original either.

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Andre 3000 wearing pleated pants.

Pleats are back.

Very disappointed that The Darkness didn't win any awards. LOL.

7. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

I agree with you Mike C -- this year's show was absolutely terrible -- uncreative, boring, tedious and poorly produced. Props to Andre 3000 for being the only originally dressed person there. I don't know why P Diddy / Puffy / Sean gets garners much positive press for (supposedly) dressing well, he was unimpressive to say the least.

Edit: Montecristo -- lol