• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM suits Toronto - ceiling $1,100 - no one found?

gsugsu

Reaction score
Canali MTM in Canada is north of $2000 for sure last time I spoke with someone at Henry Singer in Calgary.

rcoreytaylor

Reaction score
Check out Holt Renfrew for Coppley MTM - they run a yearly sale with suits starting around $800

Firefox

Reaction score
I've seen Rego advertise $899 for their MtM suits, although that advertised price normally means you have to add $2-300 for a fabric you would want. Hearing what you said about quality, I'm now tempted to go to Rego for a MtM suit. Hmm.

Also, for MtM there is a dressmaker in North York (Chin Alterations & Tailor) that will order MtM from tailors in China and his prices are between $600-$1000, but I don't know what the quality is. He's about two doors down from Rosso's Bespoke tailor.
I suspect that the $899 price for MtM at Rego wouldn't have been for Samuelsohn. It was probably for the Coppley MtM program.

Coppley is half-canvased compared to Samuelsohn's full canvas. I don't have any personal experience with Coppley, other than knowing that they are based out of Hamilton. They seem to be fairly popular in Canada, as it seems like just about every menswear store/department in Toronto offers a Coppley MtM program. My thinking has always been that it's probably worth a couple extra hundred for a full-canvased suit, but YMMV.
Rego also does Brioni MtM, but I guarantee that a made-to-measure Brioni would start a lot higher than $899...
crazy.gif

Last edited:

Anish Maharaj

Reaction score
My vote goes to Trend.
I've ordered a navy suit from Trend and expect to have it in less than two months and the time to delivery was mostly due to my schedule.
Overall the experience at Trend has exceeded my expectations and dealing with Don was a pleasure. One key thing i enjoyed about the process was the fact that you never feel rushed and changes can be made along the way, up to a point.
I will be ordering more pieces from Trend and will not hesitate to recommend them.

Firefox

Reaction score
My vote goes to Trend.
I've ordered a navy suit from Trend and expect to have it in less than two months and the time to delivery was mostly due to my schedule.
Overall the experience at Trend has exceeded my expectations and dealing with Don was a pleasure. One key thing i enjoyed about the process was the fact that you never feel rushed and changes can be made along the way, up to a point.
I will be ordering more pieces from Trend and will not hesitate to recommend them.
I've heard some good things about Trend, but I think that a true bespoke suit is out of my price range right now. I will probably have a few add ons to my order (e.g. a vest and an extra pair of trousers), and I just can't justify spending well over $2000 for my wedding attire.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads