• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Suit Recommendations

mgio1

Reaction score
Was pretty set on Black Lapel simply because they offer free returns or remakes. Stumbled upon Lanieri and love their online custom visualization tool... I'm also Italian so may just be a sucker for anything Italian made. Also love some of the prints from Oliver Wicks.

What is your recommendation between those three? Obviously fit is the most important consideration but quality is also important. It'd help if some details were provided on what you liked or didn't like about a company.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@mgio1 - if you're looking for unlined and deconstructed MTM garments as well, check out our collection at https://onceaday.se/

We also offer a fit guarantee so you can shop care free.

Verve

Reaction score
Was pretty set on Black Lapel simply because they offer free returns or remakes. Stumbled upon Lanieri and love their online custom visualization tool... I'm also Italian so may just be a sucker for anything Italian made. Also love some of the prints from Oliver Wicks.

What is your recommendation between those three? Obviously fit is the most important consideration but quality is also important. It'd help if some details were provided on what you liked or didn't like about a company.

Who did u go with and how’d ya like it?

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I just got a MTM jacket from Redmayne 1860 in the UK. This shop is of course run by Tom Mahon formerly of English Cut and Anderson and Sheppard. I used their new suit copying program, where they send you a shipping label and you send them your best fitting suit, jacket, or trousers, and they'll make you a soft drape style suit that's made in Europe. The canvas that is being used is exceptionally soft. For a staring price of £995 I think it's an unbeatable value as you can do far, far worse and not much better for that price point. While not the same as getting measured in person, but it's a good workaround in light of the pandemic. I am very happy with the results. It's very comfortable and looks great and I am looking forward to making future orders.

I've also been getting some MTM trousers from Meyer and Mortimer which are excellent in terms of make and fit. I feel like I get a lot of the same customizations as a bespoke, but it's machine made in the UK. I also like that they have a lot of inlay fabric for future alterations. The ordering process is a bit clunky if you live outside of the UK, but I've managed to work through it. Prices start at £395 which I think is a supremely good value.

I've tried many of the brands in NY that spend a lot on online advertising and I have always been disappointed. It was these less than satisfying experiences that spurred me to go to Savile Row connected cutters who also provide a good MTM service. Now that i have, everything else seems less exciting.

Verve

Reaction score
I just got a MTM jacket from Redmayne 1860 in the UK. This shop is of course run by Tom Mahon formerly of English Cut and Anderson and Sheppard. I used their new suit copying program, where they send you a shipping label and you send them your best fitting suit, jacket, or trousers, and they'll make you a soft drape style suit that's made in Europe. The canvas that is being used is exceptionally soft. For a staring price of £995 I think it's an unbeatable value as you can do far, far worse and not much better for that price point. While not the same as getting measured in person, but it's a good workaround in light of the pandemic. I am very happy with the results. It's very comfortable and looks great and I am looking forward to making future orders.

I've also been getting some MTM trousers from Meyer and Mortimer which are excellent in terms of make and fit. I feel like I get a lot of the same customizations as a bespoke, but it's machine made in the UK. I also like that they have a lot of inlay fabric for future alterations. The ordering process is a bit clunky if you live outside of the UK, but I've managed to work through it. Prices start at £395 which I think is a supremely good value.

I've tried many of the brands in NY that spend a lot on online advertising and I have always been disappointed. It was these less than satisfying experiences that spurred me to go to Savile Row connected cutters who also provide a good MTM service. Now that i have, everything else seems less exciting.

Hope you post your final garment thoughts. I’m in the middle of receiving my first 3-piece suit from 2 different places (meaning I ordered one Navy and one Medium Grey): Articles of Style and a somewhat local to me place called Bespoke Menswear in Tucson, AZ. Bespoke Menswear just opened not too long ago, and the owner is a tailor that makes dress shirts in his shop. Also, his suits are made locally from an Italian tailor instead of shipping it to an Asian factory. Plus, he offers a 100% refund unlike AOS, which will charge $300 and refund the rest of the purchase(s). I plan on reviewing both shops when I receive the final garments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads