• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Suit - Critique it!

osc

Reaction score
Just picked up my MTM suit - Critique the fit, please!

Note:
-Suit is Navy Blue (the lighting and camera man throws off the colour)
-Trouser Pockets are slanted
-No belt was worn as to show trousers (for those wondering
eh.gif
)

Feedback thus far (on the suit itself):
-Add pleats to reduce/prevent flaring of the pockets (on next pants)
-Possible loosen area around thigh (immediately, if possible) to reduce flaring and allow for cleaner lines/fit on the back thighs.

Pants:
Trousers_Front.jpg
Trousers_Side.jpg
Shirt_Trousers-Back.jpg

Jacket&Pants:
Suit-Front.jpg
Suit-Side.jpg
Suit-Back.jpg
Suit-Cuff.jpg

Additional Shots:
Jacket-Felt.jpg
Jacket-Lapel.jpg
Jacket-Inside-Left.jpg
Jacket-Sleeve-02.jpg

pandemic

Reaction score
looks nice, maybe a bit too much flash in the picture?

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandemic
looks nice, maybe a bit too much flash in the picture?

Most of the shots were taken at the shop actually with no flash and it was bright outside
laugh.gif

litho

Reaction score
not sure about the shoes with that grey

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by litho
not sure about the shoes with that grey

Edited first post - suit is Navy Blue, lighting sucks

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants look like they're too tight around the waist/hips. You're getting pocket flare just standing still.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
The pants look like they're too tight around the waist/hips. You're getting pocket flare just standing still.

The pocket are slanted btw. With that in mind, you still think the waist/hips are tight?

EDIT: Ah, I see it now on the front shot picture..thanks

Felix Krull

Reaction score
I think you should have gone with pleats. It looks like the padding in the shoulder extends too far out creating that indentation on the sleeve right below the shoulder. Your pants shouldn't be breaking in the back behind your thighs like they are, not sure what's causing that. If I were you I would point all of these things out to your salesman or whoever you contracted with to make the suit. There are quite a few little things they got wrong, the flaring pockets not least among them. Sometimes, MTM is little better than OTR and this is one of those times.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good.
Now go get yourself a lap dance and a **.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly the flaring pockets is my issue, otherwise looks good. And I like the shoe selection.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Felix Krull
I think you should have gone with pleats. It looks like the padding in the shoulder extends too far out creating that indentation on the sleeve right below the shoulder. Your pants shouldn't be breaking in the back behind your thighs like they are, not sure what's causing that. If I were you I would point all of these things out to your salesman or whoever you contracted with to make the suit. There are quite a few little things they got wrong, the flaring pockets not least among them. Sometimes, MTM is little better than OTR and this is one of those times.

Originally Posted by DrCool1978
Mostly the flaring pockets is my issue, otherwise looks good. And I like the shoe selection.

Ok - I'll have the tailor look at the flaring for sure as I didn't notice that in the final fitting.

Shoulder - I did request a padded shoulder for a more "boxy" feel. Next time around, I will most likely get a softer shoulder.

As for the break in the back behind the thighs, I wonder if it's merely how I just put on the trousers and then took a picture - I'll try the trousers on again and be more aware this time around. If it's still there, I will have them check it out again.

Personally, I think this MTM suit fits me far better than any OTR suit. I usually have the issue with a large chest/shoulders (40R, sometimes 38R) accompanied with mine relatively smaller waist (32ish).

Thanks for all the feedback thus far
worship.gif
, keep them coming!

mmhollis

Reaction score
Nice. As many have discussed the pockets are my only "issue." Where'd you go?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads