• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM shirts in Amsterdam?

bryce330

Reaction score
I vaguely remember a thread where some of our esteemed Dutch members mentioned a store in Amsterdam that sold Borrelli MTM as well as rarer brands like Barba and Maffeis. I thought it was quite a bit older than the most recent system update but I can't for the life of me find it with the search function.

Does anyone know where I might find such brands in Amsterdam? Any other info (price, minimum order) would be very useful as well since I'll be making several trips to Amsterdam in the next few months and would love to have a few shirts made.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
I vaguely remember a thread where some of our esteemed Dutch members mentioned a store in Amsterdam that sold Borrelli MTM as well as rarer brands like Barba and Maffeis.

Does anyone know where I might find such brands in Amsterdam? Any other info (price, minimum order) would be very useful as well since I'll be making several trips to Amsterdam in the next few months and would love to have a few shirts made.

You might indeed try Oger for Borrelli and Maffeis as Whoopee suggested. Their minimum order for m-t-m is 1 (at least in the The Hague store which I visit, but I'd be surprised if Amsterdam were different), and prices start at approx. € 250,= per shirt. They also have a 'housebrand' which is made by Finamore and they carry Lorenzini and Van Laack shirts. In Amsterdam Oger also carries Attolini suits, so they may well also offer Attolini shirts. However, I don't know whether they offer m-t-m for those brands. Of the m-t-m between Borrelli and Maffeis, I slightly prefer Maffeis, because that brand offers more precise measurement-taking and therefore a fit that approximates what you want in their m-t-m-program. But that's me. Also, according to the manager of the The Hague store, Maffeis tends to be significantly more reliable in their delivery times (around 4 to 5 weeks in my experience), perhaps that's a consideration for you as well.

Then... nearby Oger in Amsterdam is a store called Pauw Mannen. They offer 'true' Finamore m-t-m (i.e. Finamore's own m-t-m-program, rather than wat they make for Oger.) as well as some other brands. According to a post on the Dutch styleforum Barba and Attolini are amongst those. Prices according to that post are Barba on average € 185,=; Finamore on average € 275,=; and Attolini on average € 375,=. I don't now anything about minimum order size at Pauw, but for m-t-m I think you could just order one to start with...

Hope to have given you some further idea.

MtB

AmInAm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Looking to improve
Then... nearby Oger in Amsterdam is a store called Pauw Mannen. They offer 'true' Finamore m-t-m (i.e. Finamore's own m-t-m-program, rather than wat they make for Oger.) as well as some other brands. According to a post on the Dutch styleforum Barba and Attolini are amongst those. Prices according to that post are Barba on average € 185,=; Finamore on average € 275,=; and Attolini on average € 375,=. I don't now anything about minimum order size at Pauw, but for m-t-m I think you could just order one to start with...

I ordered my first MTM shirt a couple of weeks ago at Pauw---a Barba, for € 190---and I'm still waiting for it arrive (6-8 weeks was the estimate so I still have a month or so to wait). So you can indeed order just one.

One thing, though: I was actually rather surprised at how casual the measurement process was. This was my first time ordering MTM anything, and even though I know that, in principle, MTM is about finding a RTW model that fits pretty well and then figuring out what to change, I still somehow expected a full set of measurements to be taken. Instead, though, I just tried on a Barba off the rack in 39 (my normal size), and the salesperson noted that I could probably take a cm or so out of the upper back and then measured the sleeve length (from the sleeve head). I was already impressed at the fit (most of my shirts were bought in the U.S. and as a rule, way too big in the body), so I didn't even think to ask for more measurements.

Later, though, while I was looking through the swatch books, he brought over a Finamore in 38 for me to try on, and actually, it fit even better (except, of course, that the collar was too small). So I figured I should probably try a Barba in 38, just to see, and it was just as good. So he measured the sleeve length again, and that was that: the body of a 38, a 39cm collar, and 62cm sleeves, with a 1cm allowance in the left cuff for a watch.

Now, I imagine I'll be perfectly happy with the shirt, but I'm left wondering whether this is a normal experience for MTM, or if it was just the salesperson or the shop or the fact that it's a shirt and not a suit or something else. I'm contemplating ordering an MTM suit at some point, and since Pauw carries Caruso (right at the price point I'd be looking at), it'd be convenient to order it there, but I'd like to be sure that the measurement was done more carefully.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to hijack the thread (and with my first post, at that). Good luck looking for shirts.

AIA

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the process that some stores use. If you're satisfied with the fit, then it's fine and count yourself lucky that you're such an easy fit.

AlexHoogeveen

Reaction score
Most stores use that technique. I had an similar experience with Barba at Sartoria (name of the store). And a perfect shirt came out
smile.gif

If you are looking at Caruso mtm, maybe it's a good idea to register at the dutch styleforum (it's called www.stijlforum.nl it's all in dutch but last year Sartoria had a good deal for members: 898 euro voor mtm Caruso.

UR003

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Looking to improve
You might indeed try Oger for Borrelli and Maffeis as Whoopee suggested. Their minimum order for m-t-m is 1 (at least in the The Hague store which I visit, but I'd be surprised if Amsterdam were different), and prices start at approx. € 250,= per shirt. They also have a 'housebrand' which is made by Finamore and they carry Lorenzini and Van Laack shirts. In Amsterdam Oger also carries Attolini suits, so they may well also offer Attolini shirts. However, I don't know whether they offer m-t-m for those brands. Of the m-t-m between Borrelli and Maffeis, I slightly prefer Maffeis, because that brand offers more precise measurement-taking and therefore a fit that approximates what you want in their m-t-m-program. But that's me. Also, according to the manager of the The Hague store, Maffeis tends to be significantly more reliable in their delivery times (around 4 to 5 weeks in my experience), perhaps that's a consideration for you as well.

Hope to have given you some further idea.

MtB

Oger Amsterdam also carries Attolini shirts (RTW and MTM), and Isaia shirts (RTW; don't know about MTM) in addition to Maffeis and Borrelli shirts. Oger The Hague carries Attolini suits (RTW and probably also MTM), but no Attolini shirts. All three Oger stores (Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam) sell Lorenzini (of RL Purple Label fame). I believe it is possible to buy Lorenzini MTM. I would suggest going to Oger Amsterdam for your MTM shirts. In their Atelier Italia they offer the greatest choice of brands, fabrics, etc. from all Oger stores. Also the salespeople are the most experienced. You won't regret it.
Pauw Mannen (in Amsterdam) carries Kiton shirts (RTW and MTM). Prices for Kiton RTW are in the 350 EUR vicinity (for Sea Island cotton), some may cost 325 others 375. There is also a possibility of Kiton MTM. Pauw also sells Attolini RTW and MTM, but they only had 2 different RTW shirts last time I visited them (about a month ago). As posted above, Pauw also carries Barba RTW and MTM. Very nice shirts and quite affordable.
Sartoria, which is in Naarden, not too far from Amsterdam, is a major seller of Barba MTM. Very experienced people (the store was started by former Pauw employees if memory serves me well).

AmInAm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexHoogeveen
Most stores use that technique. I had an similar experience with Barba at Sartoria (name of the store). And a perfect shirt came out
smile.gif

OK, that's good to know then.

If you are looking at Caruso mtm, maybe it's a good idea to register at the dutch styleforum (it's called www.stijlforum.nl it's all in dutch but last year Sartoria had a good deal for members: 898 euro voor mtm Caruso.
Thanks for the tip"”I'm actually already a reader of stijlforum, although I've only posted once or twice.

AIA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads