1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mtm shirt producers...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tom, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Tom

Tom Senior member

Does anyone know of, or have experience with other tailor made shirts (such as Jantzen)? I figure with the Jantzen delay, I'd like to try ordering a shirt from another place also. Then I could make a comparison in quality and in delivery time.

-Tom

2. Pierrepont

Pierrepont Member

Haven't used them, but I have heard good things about Hemrajani Tailor (mytailor.com). Delivery time can't be much better than Jantzen. According to their web site, it takes 5-8 weeks for shirts to be delivered.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i don't recommend mytailor.com because of fit problems i had with the one shirt i ordered from them. they messed up on the fit of the collar twice on the same shirt. they took less than six weeks to deliver.

i tried marcobracci.com once and got a well made shirt but the price including a customs charge came out to roughly $150. i think they took about a month.

my opinion as to the best shirt for the money is to send jantzen a shirt of yours to copy if you have any custom shirts to begin with. if not, i'd recommend sending them pictures of yourself so they can get the shoulder contours right and see your posture.

if you live anywhere near a mid-size city there will be a custom shirtmaker there. i suggest you try them before ordering online.

4. Tom

Tom Senior member

I think that you are probably right Matador, but I haven't been able to elicit a response from Jantzen yet, so I am looking for other options.

-Tom