• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM or Bespoke trousers

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some nice trousers (about 4-6 pairs) who is good value but great construction in NY area? I want nice wool but durable and something won't wrinkle soo easy (i have some 15mil zegnas that wrinkle too damn easy)

flat front, (some w/ belt loops, some w/ side tabs) top quality construction for work everyday

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I got very nice trousers from Ercole. Top of the line work. Not so cheap.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
No advice for a maker in NY, but I used a 12 oz Woodhouse twill (the heaviest plain twill they had, or so I was told by a Woodhouse rep) for my trousers, and they are pretty darn close to being wrinkle resistant.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
more than 500 per pants?

The ones I got, yeah, but maybe if you used cheap cloth.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The ones I got, yeah, but maybe if you used cheap cloth.

I just need average cloth for everyday wear - something that is durable & more wrinkle resistant than the very luxurious stuff.

I'd rather cheap to average cloth with great fit & construction for everyday wear.

were these pants bespoke or mtm?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
No advice for a maker in NY, but I used a 12 oz Woodhouse twill (the heaviest plain twill they had, or so I was told by a Woodhouse rep) for my trousers, and they are pretty darn close to being wrinkle resistant.

any photos of what this looks like?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I just need average cloth for everyday wear - something that is durable & more wrinkle resistant than the very luxurious stuff.

I'd rather cheap to average cloth with great fit & construction for everyday wear.

were these pants bespoke or mtm?

Bespoke. Nice hand lapped seams, etc. Very good fit.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
any photos of what this looks like?

I only have a photo of the cloth as finished trousers:

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Bespoke. Nice hand lapped seams, etc. Very good fit.

Sounds good - I think I am going to try them. Who do I speak to for fitting there? (are their multiple individuals or just one person)

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
why do you use so many tailors?

Because they keep firing me. Don't you read the Advance Forum?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
It's a tough economy, a lot of places are laying off their customers.

Seriously, I tried Ercole both to see how good he is, and to save some cash. I was pleased with the result, and will probably get some more trousers from him. I don't know about a coat, but who knows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads