• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM failure, need some serious help!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
maybe they fancy themselves as the Swedish Thom Browne? in any case, let us know how this goes. good luck!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha ha, that is really a disaster. Tell the truth, you asked for that look and got a case of buyers remorse, didn't you?

nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif

Sebastien

Reaction score
Unless you're an ape the arms should never be longer than the jacket length - and you aren't that hairy!!
Seriously, if these people have measured you they have to make you a new 'human sized' jacket.
mwink[1].gif
rotflmao.gif

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell them you really like the jacket, and insist they use these pics of a satisfied customer on their website.

Dude you will be fine. I'm actually less worried about you getting a refund given how horrible this is. It's the borderline cases where you get screwed.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just get a slim pant and hem them short and go for the TB look.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
The back is so ill-fitted though. Not even going for the TB look can save that abomination.

quuz

Reaction score
Well I've been to a few tailors here in my town and let them say what they tought guess what, they all agreed with you
wow.gif

So I sent him a mail telling him about my visits to the tailor and the pics I posted and got some feedback on. I also told him if he refused to make a refund because of his boss to give me his boss mail so I could send him the pictures and tell him all about it. He also said he could "fix" the length of the jacket, something that I dont buy because the tailors in town took a look at how much extra garment there is and its not much. So I told him not to bother with that as I don't want to spend another 45 dollars on a train ticket (yea I bought it in another town)

So now lets just hope his boss isn't a complete turd.

level32

Reaction score
Best of luck man. Being another recent college grad I can imagine how disappointing this must be for you. I hope you fnid a better alternative and get a well fitting suit.

pkincy

Reaction score
As others have said, there is no dispute here, it is horrible to anyone with eyes.

This is the best reason in the world to always use credit cards. First return it to the merchant and ask for a refund. If that is not immediately forthcoming, than dispute the CC charge and keep your pictures to email as they investigate the dispute.

They obviously mixed your measurements up with some petite lady's.

Perry

quuz

Reaction score
According to him its my fault it turned out this way because I chose a slim model and note that there were 3 options Regular Slim Slim fit I chose the middle one and apparently it should look like this, right.... Also his tailor adjusted it this is what he told me on the phone before doing that: If I adjust it 4 cm (1.5 inches) all around so its not as tight it will fit like a regular suit jacket, my tailor can adjust it 3cm (1.18 inches) So apperently to him this is really close to a regular fitted suit jacket, more close to a regular then a slim and way far from their slim fit model.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quuz
According to him its my fault it turned out this way because I chose a slim model and note that there were 3 options

Regular
Slim
Slim fit

I chose the middle one and apparently it should look like this, right....

Also his tailor adjusted it this is what he told me on the phone before doing that:

If I adjust it 4 cm (1.5 inches) all around so its not as tight it will fit like a regular suit jacket, my tailor can adjust it 3cm (1.18 inches) So apperently to him this is really close to a regular fitted suit jacket, more close to a regular then a slim and way far from their slim fit model.

I don't know how you're keeping your cool. I'm a very calm guy but thieir reaction is so infuriating that I'm pretty sure I would be happy to pay the $45 train ticket to go yell in this asshole's face while at the same time scaring off any potential customers by trashing the store and - most effective even - by wearing that horrendous jacket.

Call the local newspaper. Call the police. Call the fire department. I don't know what to say.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I don't know how you're keeping your cool. I'm a very calm guy but thieir reaction is so infuriating that I'm pretty sure I would be happy to pay the $45 train ticket to go yell in this asshole's face while at the same time scaring off any potential customers by trashing the store and - most effective even - by wearing that horrendous jacket.

Call the local newspaper. Call the police. Call the fire department. I don't know what to say.

It is clear that no competent tailor would have permitted you to make enough mistakes in ordering this coat to make it look like this.

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quuz
Also his tailor adjusted it this is what he told me on the phone before doing that:

If I adjust it 4 cm (1.5 inches) all around so its not as tight it will fit like a regular suit jacket, my tailor can adjust it 3cm (1.18 inches) So apperently to him this is really close to a regular fitted suit jacket, more close to a regular then a slim and way far from their slim fit model.

No.

No. No.

Fight for the refund, dude. You deserve it. This is just plain unacceptable.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
You should hang out by the store with the suit on.

That should scare some customers away.
tounge.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so he won't accept a refund????

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics