1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MTM Chambray Workshirt Group Buy – Second Order Starts Sat. 9/26! (both shirts)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jul 27, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

in the meantime, any interesting ones?
    YES [​IMG] Edit: sorry [​IMG] the blue green looks great, as does the super dark indigo which is very limited, and there are a ton of other colors

2. Django

Django Senior member

I've been making some cash doing behavioral and fMRI studies at Baylor College of Medicine and I've gotten a fiarly significant portion so the MTM chambray is now being reconsidered...lol.

Getting your brain irradiated to cop more jawnz, true dedication.

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

OK guys, here are the chambray colors! I am waiting to hear back from Nathan as to whether my color name is the best description, because on some of the lighter colors, it is hard to tell. I'll be sure to update the list throughout the day. Updated Pricing: Selvage=$190, Non-selvage=$180, MOP buttons are $5 extra. All prices include shipping CONUS. International shipping=$15 extra When ordering, please refer to the color number and name, and the button letter. Chambray Colors Non-Selvage Chambrays [​IMG] 1. Red (darker than the red used for my first shirt) 2. Light Purple 3. Dark Pink 4. White 5. Super Black [​IMG] 6. Gold 7. Salmon 8. Light Blue 9. Cream [​IMG] 10. Light Blue 11. Baby Blue 12. Light Grey 13. White 14. Light Orange 15. Lighter Tan [​IMG] 16. Darker Tan 17. Pink 18. Mint Green 19. Indigo with Orange Pinstripe (stretch chambray) [​IMG] 20. Super Dark Indigo Limited to 2 or 3 shirts! (am I crazy, or does the weave on this look more like a denim?) [​IMG] 21. Blue and White Stripe (1/8" stripes) Limited to 6 or 7 shirts Selvage Chambrays [​IMG] 22. Light Indigo 23. Dark Grey 24. Light Indigo (almost a light grey) 25. Red (darker than my shirt) 26. Baby Blue 27. Black For reference: This shirt was made with #22 (Nathan said he'll send a better picture of the two light indigos [​IMG] [​IMG] 28. Blue-green (Limited to 4 or 5 shirts! This photo was taken without a flash, but the actual color is still a little darker) 29. White (not pictured because it is arriving soon, but you get the idea) [​IMG] 30. Red (same as my shirt) Buttons Mother of Pearl (vintage deadstock, $5 extra) [​IMG] Corozo Each of these styles is available in all of these colors and in any size- please specify style letter, color, and size! For reference, EG buttons are about 9/16" FYI- In my opinion, anything smaller than 1/2" and larger than 5/8" will potentially look out of place on your shirt. [​IMG]

4. JoyDiffusion

JoyDiffusion Senior member

Too... many... colours... to choose! Sensory overload! They all look really great though, thanks for posting these Zissou. Super dark indigo, super black, and light indigo all look very nice. I was planning on light green or red, but now that I see the rest of these, I'll have to think about it!

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Yeah, I know how you feel! I won't start taking orders until tomorrow evening, just so you guys have time to decide and finish taking your measurements. I just marked myself down for a dark grey selvage Workman with MOP [​IMG]

6. JSTF

JSTF Senior member

that non-selvage red is awesome.

7. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Do you know if the darker indigos and blacks fade over-time?

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I don't know, but I would venture to say 'yes'. Don't all cotton fabric fade over time? I doubt you'd get denim-like fadez, though.

9. Lance

Lance Senior member

Great effort Zissou, lots of wonderful choices!

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Thanks, man. Ordering (Workman only) starts tomorrow, Saturday, 8/8, at 6pm EST. An order is not placed until you have emailed me your order form and sent payment via Paypal, both to marklc1@hotmail.com (mark the payment for 'goods') Selvage=$190 shipped/insured Non-selvage=$180 shipped/insured MOP buttons=$5 extra

11. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Too many choices...

...I'm going back for another study that I think I'll make around $40 with, woo! That much closer. lol.

12. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Any chance for a white cardozo cats eye button?

The blue green is selvage? So hard to resist! Hard to decide between that, the mint and the black, which looks great.

Thanks again, Zissou. You are a chambray saint.

13. Lance

Lance Senior member

Dark indigo with orange stripe (stretch chambray). Is it 100% cambray cotton and get the stretch from the weave or does it have some synthetic fiber for stretch? Thanks

14. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

This looks great, interested in the navy version when that starts up.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

airportlobby- LOL, thanks [​IMG] I will check on the buttons. The blue-green is selvage. I have a hard-on for the dark grey selvage, since it fairly uncommon in shirts. Lance- I will check, but I am guessing there is a little lycra type stuff in it. mpcec- I think I just might get two of the Navyman!

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I just marked myself down for a dark grey selvage Workman with MOP

If I could muster it up, I'd follow your lead! This thread makes me drool. Love the options, and the idea behind it, and all the interest.

Thanks for all your work. Wish I could slot this one in!

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

airportlobby- All of those corozo button styles are available in all of those colors, which I didn't realize at first. I will update the post above. Lance- Nathan says there is a little lycra in it.

18. Lance

Lance Senior member

A final question (maybe!). I'll send payment to Nathan and the order forms to you for two shirts. What happens if one or both of my choices is no longer available by the time I place the order on Saturday evening? Is the money for the unavailable item or items returned? Thanks

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

Lance- I'll need you to send payment to me for a few reasons. I'll need to pay for shipping your shirts to you, and Nathan suggested that I pay him a certain % up front for the material and then the rest when the shirts are done. Also, if something is out of stock and I need to issue a refund (see below), then I can easily do that. Nathan really only wants to handle making the shirts and nothing more, which is why I am even collecting your measurements for him. It'll be so much easier for everyone if it works out this way. I will do my best to keep the availability of the chambrays and buttons updated as orders come in. If something is out of stock, I will give you a chance to choose another chambray or button. Really, there are only a few chambray choices that you need to worry about. If there are no other choices that you want, then I would be happy to refund your money. I'll even pay the Paypal fees to make sure you get the full amount back.

20. Lance

Lance Senior member

Returning the Paypal fee from your pocket is above and beyond; it's not necessary. The reason I ask is because both of my choices are limited quantity chambrays, dark indigo and indigo stripe. Thanks