1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MTM Chambray Workshirt Group Buy – Second Order Starts Sat. 9/26! (both shirts)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jul 27, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

^You can get MOP buttons on whichever shirt you want, as long as they are still available. I was just stating which shirt I was thinking of getting MOP buttons on.

who8- no problem!

2. zakurie

zakurie Well-Known Member

Depending on available colors, I might be down foe the workman.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

oh, okay. A little confusion but it's cleared. Thanks!

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Today's update: Nathan is off to see his supplier tomorrow, so I should have chambray photos up tomorrow or Wednesday. Here is the list I sent him so he could check on availability: Most requested: Dark Indigo Super dark indigo (Indigo on black?) Black Red Dark grey Also requested: Salt and pepper chambray options? Blue-green White Requested by one person: Light or medium indigo Green Brown Super black Any colors with unbleached wefts? Almost all of the chambrays are coming from Japan. He said that the only color that is not likely to be available is brown. He might have to order the dark indigo because apparently they are hard to find. Here is a teaser pic (not the best quality) of the blue-green, which is on black, not white, weft, along with a grey on white: [​IMG] I will have the measurement instructions up tomorrow. I've been working on a diagram for all of the measurements with Nathan just to make the process that much easier and streamlined. Stay tuned!

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

Another sneak peek. This is a light blue chambray USN workshirt that Nathan recently made. The Navyman will be just like this, but with selvage gussets, a collar tab/neck strap, and the curved cuffs. I'm planning on putting the placket and curve of the Navyman cuff on the inside of the sleeve unless I hear back from you all otherwise. [​IMG]

6. Django

Django Senior member

That blue-green is beautiful, and the Navy Man is better than I imagined

7. Lance

Lance Senior member

Can the super dark indigo be indigo warp and weft rather than indigo and black? What is the dark indigo?

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

I don't know yet- that's the list of suggestions that I sent to Nathan. We'll find out tomorrow or Wed what the available colors are...

9. JSTF

JSTF Senior member

just read over the thread and i realized EACH SHIRT is mtm. thats pretty crazy...

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, man! [​IMG] That's why I thought there would be so much interest.

11. Johnny Sneakers

Johnny Sneakers Well-Known Member

Sorry zissou, money's a little tight right now and neither option is exactly what I voted for, so I don't feel compelled to swing it. Maybe I'll change my mind if I love one of the colors.

I'm sure they'll be great, can't wait to see fits!

12. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I am still trying to pull this one off. how long til we need to confirm? I just picked up the MFSC chambray shirt and I don't know if I can justify to the old lady another $200 dollar shirt. The shirts look great though.

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'll probably have the measurement guide up tomorrow, and the chambray colors up on Wednesday, so I'll likely start taking orders on Saturday. There will probably be about a two week period where I can take orders, but that depends more on Nathan. The first guys to order are the most likely to get the color they want, although it looks like there is pletny of most of the popular colors. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I figured there would be a decent number of guys who voted in the design poll who would wind up not ordering simply because the design they wanted wasn't selected. So, it's not a problem!

14. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

What's the expected turnaround?

Edit - never mind, went back and re-read the first post (funny how that helps). About 6-8 weeks?

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

Heard back from Nathan. He said that it takes him one week to make 10 shirts from start to finish. That doesn't include picking up the chambrays from his supplier and shipping the finished shirts to me. I'll turn them around in a day and send them out to each of you Priority. Nathan also said he'd send the finished shirts to me in batches of ten. Since he isn't really taking orders at the moment, there isn't anyone ahead of us. SO, if you are one of the first ten guys to order a shirt, it's pretty reasonable to say you'd get your shirt about two, maybe two and a half, weeks after I send the first order of 10 shirts to Nathan. How does that sound?

17. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Damn, that blue-green chambray color is beautiful. I might have to get back on this and just be in the hole for a bit...lol...

18. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

Heard back from Nathan. He said that it takes him one week to make 10 shirts from start to finish. That doesn't include picking up the chambrays from his supplier and shipping the finished shirts to me. I'll turn them around in a day and send them out to each of you Priority. Nathan also said he'd send the finished shirts to me in batches of ten. Since he isn't really taking orders at the moment, there isn't anyone ahead of us.

SO, if you are one of the first ten guys to order a shirt, it's pretty reasonable to say you'd get your shirt about two, maybe two and a half, weeks after I send the first order of 10 shirts to Nathan. How does that sound?

when on saturday can we send payment and measurements? Exactly at 12? lol I want to be one of the first[​IMG]

19. Lance

Lance Senior member

Heard back from Nathan. He said that it takes him one week to make 10 shirts from start to finish. That doesn't include picking up the chambrays from his supplier and shipping the finished shirts to me. I'll turn them around in a day and send them out to each of you Priority. Nathan also said he'd send the finished shirts to me in batches of ten. Since he isn't really taking orders at the moment, there isn't anyone ahead of us.

SO, if you are one of the first ten guys to order a shirt, it's pretty reasonable to say you'd get your shirt about two, maybe two and a half, weeks after I send the first order of 10 shirts to Nathan. How does that sound?

Sounds good, you're moving it along well, thanks.

20. zissou

zissou Senior member

What's the expected turnaround?
    Edit - never mind, went back and re-read the first post (funny how that helps). About 6-8 weeks?

I edited the first post. It will take about 2-2.5 weeks turnaround for each batch of 10 shirts. the second and third batches might take longer just because they weren't the first batch.