• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM Chambray Workshirt Group Buy – Second Order Starts Sat. 9/26! (both shirts)

andewhall

Reaction score
Hi guys. Nathan made me a shirt, it came in last week. Really nice, well made, hand felled seams throughout. Will post some pic's when I have time. I asked for a workshirt in light indigo chambray, black buttons, like a Buzz Rickson navy spec workshirt.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ande- You made him some jeans, right? Nathan told me about it, but I didn't realize it was you.

Doctor

Reaction score
Did the survey. I am definitly interested... Unless the final design is really repugnant to me... Which is unlikely. Or if I do something stupid and make a ridiculously huge purchase the day before... Which is, sadly, much more likely...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Not to bias anyone's vote, but it's looking like the shirt will be the exact shirt I had made, minus the collar tab- basically a MTM selvage EG chambray workshirt with a curved yoke. You guys are so boring!
laugh.gif
I'll leave the poll open for a couple more days, though. I'll probably set up a second group buy with the second place design, which is a little more unique. So far, color suggestions are: Red White Indigo (light and dark?) Black Super black (black on black) Dark grey Blue-green Green Brown Indigo on black Indigo on indigo Salt and pepper options? Above colors with unbleached wefts? I'll send Nathan a list in a couple days and he'll let me know what's available and send along a photo sample. Think about what other colors you might like to see.

Lance

Reaction score
Zissou-

I, for one, am glad the shirt will be the same: it's what attracted us to it in the first place. I am, however, disappointed it won't have the tab; I think it's unique without being over the top. Maybe in the next go-around. Navy indigo - dark for sure! Indigo dyed warp and weft???

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the tab is about 50-50 right now, so I'll see if Nathan lets us choose whether or not we each want it on our shirt(s). I'm trying to stick to the 'one design' rule of his, though...

I think the next go around would be USN pockets, curved yoke, curved cuffs, collar tab, no triple stitching. A real Navy-inspired shirt!

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Yeah, the tab is about 50-50 right now, so I'll see if Nathan lets us choose whether or not we each want it on our shirt(s). I'm trying to stick to the 'one design' rule of his, though...

I think the next go around would be USN pockets, curved yoke, curved cuffs, collar tab, no triple stitching. A real Navy-inspired shirt!

I'd only get it if it's this

JoyDiffusion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou

I agree with Lance, it was probably the original shirt which influenced the outcome. I know I voted for pretty much the exact same thing, but with straight yoke and flapped cig pocket. I'm fine with curved of course, but I do have a strong preference for a collar tab... I think the shirt would look like there's just something missing, without it. So if there's one thing that could be 'optional' that should be it... it doesn't really change the integrity of the design.

english

Reaction score
ok, i'm really excited about this shirt. only thing i'm wondering is how do you go about measuring yourself? can you get pretty accurate results on your own or should i go down to the local taylor and get it done properly? advice?

oh, and i like the idea of the second place shirt happening...

Lance

Reaction score
english - I think we are planning on submitting measurements based on a favorite shirt.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've emailed Nathan to ask about making the collar tab optional, but haven't heard back yet.

Right, Lance. Since this is 'MTM over the web', body measurements won't necessarily work well. Measurements for this shirt are taken from a button down shirt of yours that fits you how you would like this shirt to fit. I will post detailed instructions on how to do this once we have finalized the design and color options. When I measured one of my shirts that fits well, but was a little too big in the body, I actually spent a little time pinning the shirt smaller, seeing how it fit me, and then taking measurements off of the pinned shirt. All in all, I think it turned out well. This is definitely something you want to take your time on, because if you mess it up, you wind up with a shirt that doesn't fit. If you would like help from someone else, such as a tailor, by all means...

The cool thing about this is that you can customize nearly everything including sleeve and body width (each in three places), collar height, cuff width, front placket width, and on and on.... There are about 18 different measurements you'll need to take.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads