1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mrs mudd

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes, Mar 2, 2005.

1. hermes

hermes Distinguished Member

i was re-reading an old issue of a british mag before putting it in the recycle box and there was an article on john malkovitch's men's clothing label "mrs mudd"

allegedly basic well constructed pieces

has anyone actually ever encountered this line?
    i've never come across it
    perhaps it just died like so many other celebrity lines

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior Member

A quick google search turned up mrs. mudd itself (which seems to be a textile design consulting agency run by a guy named francesco rulli along with john malkovich). http://www.mrsmudd.info/ In addition, there was an interesting site called 'flipping uncle kimono' which was kind of a fashion show as performance art. Go to: http://www.johnmalkovichcollection.com/ and then visit the 'look book'. Intellectually intriguing, pretentious and fun to look at, but the clothes don't seem too amazing. The jackets button high and look stiff (I would guess that they are fused, but I am not the expert that some who haunt this site may be). Overall, I'd recommend a look at the sites if you are interested in Malkovich and things arty, but I personally won't be beating down doors to purchase the clothes. You can read an article about 'Flipping' at the Fashion Television site here . The conceit seems to be dressing judo fighters in his fashion and having them duke it out.

3. hermes

hermes Distinguished Member