• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Porter Kingsman collection

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any impressions of the Kingsman Collection being offered at Mr. Porter? I checked it out, but wasn't overly impressed with the offerings, with the exception of the SAB briefcase and a set of cuff links.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you need to beef up the the thread a bit with images etc. as the film is rather touted for its sartorial elegance, but without a source...not many will comment here.

vida

Reaction score
I took a look at the collection this morning and thought it was very tasteful. Very British, as it should be. Drakes in Turnbull were listed at some of the manufacturers but nothing was mentioned about the suits. Not even if they were canvassed or not. Does anyone know who made the tailored clothing?

Monty L

Reaction score
I checked it out earlier today. Pretty sure the suits were said to be canvassed and made in England. MrPorter sells Huntsman RTW which is priced at around 4k and I thought that maybe the Kingsman pieces were a rebadged Huntsman collaboration which retail for less (2400 ish).

Love the availability of DB suits in the collection and the cloths, but I'm leery about the sizing which is described as running on the small side and the already finished working cuffs which make alterations to the sleeve much more intensive.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly positive that the suits are Huntsman, as Huntsman did the tailored clothing for the film. I was impressed with the collection and might pick up a tie or something.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked it out earlier today. Pretty sure the suits were said to be canvassed and made in England. MrPorter sells Huntsman RTW which is priced at around 4k and I thought that maybe the Kingsman pieces were a rebadged Huntsman collaboration which retail for less (2400 ish).

Love the availability of DB suits in the collection and the cloths, but I'm leery about the sizing which is described as running on the small side and the already finished working cuffs which make alterations to the sleeve much more intensive.

Aren't suits always canvased? Unless you are a bin man or something.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
The SAB case is nice but awfully expensive. It appears to have a machine-stitched handle, and seems identical to the model Brooks Brothers used to sell for $1500.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The SAB case is nice but awfully expensive. It appears to have a machine-stitched handle, and seems identical to the model Brooks Brothers used to sell for $1500.

That case through SAB sells for GBP £2395.00 (USD $3,650.00), so the price is actually pretty good considering there is no customs duties, and free shipping with Mr. Porter.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
That case through SAB sells for GBP £2395.00 (USD $3,650.00), so the price is actually pretty good considering there is no customs duties, and free shipping with Mr. Porter.

The SAB case on their own website has some upgrades. It's a bit deceptive that it's shown with the optional ($$$) self-lining, but that aside their's still looks like it comes with a hand-stitched handle. You can tell because the hand-stitched one has a ridge that runs down the outside (top) centre. It's also larger (3.5" versus 3" for the Mr. Porter).

Also, for whatever reason the Kingsmen model is USD$300 cheaper in Canada. I suppose it's thus even more of a "deal" but it's still way off from what you used to be able to get from Brooks (I have their 4" in London Tan, and USD$3k seems crazy for what you get).

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The SAB case on their own website has some upgrades. It's a bit deceptive that it's shown with the optional ($$$) self-lining, but that aside their's still looks like it comes with a hand-stitched handle. You can tell because the hand-stitched one has a ridge that runs down the outside (top) centre. It's also larger (3.5" versus 3" for the Mr. Porter).

Also, for whatever reason the Kingsmen model is USD$300 cheaper in Canada. I suppose it's thus even more of a "deal" but it's still way off from what you used to be able to get from Brooks (I have their 4" in London Tan, and USD$3k seems crazy for what you get).

I'm not sure which model you are comparing it to, but I was using the Peel model, which is also 3" (I think the Carrington model comes in 3.5") and comes standard with the green skiver interior. It's an additional £200.00 ($310.00 USD) to upgrade to the tan leather interior.

According to Mr. Porter, their case is hand stitched, but I will know more when mine arrives. Crazy? as they say opinions are like assholes, we all have one.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the SAB case from Mr. Porter yesterday, especially after I signed in and it was listed as only 1 being left, on the day they launched the collection... :confused:

I had never ordered from Mr. Porter before, but I was impressed with their service. They notified me via email when it shipped last night, provided a tracking number, and sure enough it appeared this afternoon at my office.

Well, without further adieu, here it is....

It appears to be based upon SAB Peel attache case being 3" in depth, however it is a little bigger length and width wise being 18" x 13" x 3" as opposed to the traditional 17.5" x12" x 3"...

with the rest of my SAB bags.....

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went ahead and ordered the SAB case from Mr. Porter yesterday, especially after I signed in and it was listed as only 1 being left, on the day they launched the collection... :confused:

with the rest of my SAB bags.....

Mother-of_God.gif

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was eying the Kingsman cashmere slippers by Cleverley for a while now, and decided to pull the trigger yesterday.. I do like the free next day delivery from Mr. Porter....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to give a link so that people know wtf we are talking about here:

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/designers/kingsman?pn=1

Essentially, a really excellent marketing exercise, in which the director of a movie collaborates with a retailer with a bunch of designers to "design" a collection based around a major movie and to coincide with the release of said film. I believe that the term is "immersive".

I'm tempted to dress one of our guys up in this stuff who looks sorta the part, go to a major showing, and having us record him as him passes himself off as a alumnus of the Kingsmen.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics