• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Olive

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings from Japan! I wanted to start a new thread dedicated to Mr. Olive. Any questions about the designer or items, please post here.

I just visited Mr. Olive's spring collection and I like what I saw. A majority of items they will make in XL for us now. For reference for those who do not know the line yet, it runs tight by Japanese standards. I am 6' and weigh 165 lbs and I can barely fit into a large jacket. Hoodies or knits I am a large. Questions on sizing, pm me or post here.

Here are a few pics of the spring 2009 collection. Hope everyone likes it. I will be finalizing our order in a few days, so if there is anything that you are curious about, pm me.

Sorry about random pics and quality of photos. Just want to show a glimpse of few items that caught my eye. More pics will be coming when I have time. The first jacket is sick. Overall, pretty solid collection. Leather and suit jackets are good, but didn't get good pics.

Leather goods: Last picture is their standard that we always carry. Best belts and wallets I have seen for the money.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long are the cardigans?
Are smaller sizes shorter than larges? I'd be looking for something 22 inches long from the neck (back)
Cool stuff

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
How long are the cardigans?
Are smaller sizes shorter than larges? I'd be looking for something 22 inches long from the neck (back)
Cool stuff

I will have dimensions later on specific items, but you can judge the size by looking at another item from our website. The dimensions are pretty standard. Lengths will depend upon the piece and typically add 1" in length as you go up in size.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how much are the red,green and blue leather belts?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
how much are the red,green and blue leather belts?

http://www.shop.atsuitokyo.com/scrip...chMode=IMGONLY

$150 before discount.

BTW, I got the Mr. Olive G-Type Sweat jacket from this current season in the mail today, and really like it. The grey/blue/green color is tremendous, the fit is great for a slimmer guy (a guy even slimmer then me 5'11", 163 lbs with about 8 lbs to spare at the moment) would have a different, slightly slouchier look). Trims are really nice (riri M6 and donut buttons,) and construction is solid, with judicious use of jersey in the collar to make it fall well, and a likeweight structural interfacing (some of which I ripped on purpose to get a slightly slouchier feel to the piece.) I will wear it this winter as a second layer, or on a warmer day as a light jacket.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the Mr. Olive black distressed belt from Atsui. The belt is great. It looks very nice and the leather is fantastic. I get compliments on it all the time. I'll probably pick up a blue one or maybe the two-pronged brown one from Atsui when I get some funds.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
LA Guy & Atsui,

Does Mr. Olive make any cool washed leather bracelets? Their distressed leather goods look fantastic. Perhaps not the right place to ask, but do you have any other recommendations for that kind of thing?

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
http://www.shop.atsuitokyo.com/scrip...chMode=IMGONLY

$150 before discount.

BTW, I got the Mr. Olive G-Type Sweat jacket from this current season in the mail today, and really like it. The grey/blue/green color is tremendous, the fit is great for a slimmer guy (a guy even slimmer then me 5'11", 163 lbs with about 8 lbs to spare at the moment) would have a different, slightly slouchier look). Trims are really nice (riri M6 and donut buttons,) and construction is solid, with judicious use of jersey in the collar to make it fall well, and a likeweight structural interfacing (some of which I ripped on purpose to get a slightly slouchier feel to the piece.) I will wear it this winter as a second layer, or on a warmer day as a light jacket.

In that case, i need mine then since it sounds like it would'nt be too warm for me.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do to some requests, here are pics of some cardigans and hoodies in all color options. Everything available in S-XL. The hoodie is the best of the season, waffle fabric with usual details. Vest is same fabric as hoodie.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo
LA Guy & Atsui,

Does Mr. Olive make any cool washed leather bracelets? Their distressed leather goods look fantastic. Perhaps not the right place to ask, but do you have any other recommendations for that kind of thing?

Yes, Mr. Olive does make bracelets in the same washed leather as the belts as well as a few other styles. We are currently sold out, but here is a link showing the style of the washed leather, http://www.shop.atsuitokyo.com/scrip...detail&SKU=617. Will be available in black, green, blue, red, and forest green late spring (probably late March or early April.)

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
I bought the Mr. Olive black distressed belt from Atsui. The belt is great. It looks very nice and the leather is fantastic. I get compliments on it all the time. I'll probably pick up a blue one or maybe the two-pronged brown one from Atsui when I get some funds.

Black is the most popular, but the distressing and wash on the other colors is more visible. We will carry a few colors in both the 2 hole and the single hole (standard) for spring. They can be pre-ordered. If someone is interested in a specific color and would like to reserve one, PM me. Also, Mr. Olive's flagship may have stock. If there is a color or size that we currently do not have in stock, we may be able to get it. XL is not available in Japan. We have them custom made exclusively for us and once we sell through, that is it until the next season. Here is a link to the standard black from our website, http://www.shop.atsuitokyo.com/scrip...detail&SKU=407.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads