• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Hare Shoes

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, some of these are nice enough to where i'd sell some of my shoes to get em'. I like the toe shape a lot on the plain black ones as well. Depending on more info i wouldn't mind getting those over my black NDCs or Helmuts but the only problem would be finding buyers for my stuff

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard some refer to Hare as the "Japanese Abercrombie" with quality to match. Also that the brand shamelessly rips off Dior Homme designs. I would assume "Mr. Hare" is the same brand or is it different??

chronoaug

Reaction score
I'm guessing a different brand as i've never seen Hare makes shoes like these.

Also, i don't think hare you're talking about is much of an abercrombie thing at all. More like if h&m was a brand sold at various stores rather than a store. Still, the brand hare is fast fashion mostly going off a hedi slimane dior type look but changes based on what's "in" in the fashion world.

Yardsale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I've heard some refer to Hare as the "Japanese Abercrombie" with quality to match. Also that the brand shamelessly rips off Dior Homme designs. I would assume "Mr. Hare" is the same brand or is it different??
different brand.

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
I've been lurking this site for a good while now, but these shoes have brought me out of hiding. The Stingray Orwell, as it is called, is absolutely gorgeous
drool.gif
. Those and the Genet are looking nice.
DSC05143.jpg

delirium

Reaction score
lighting in a lot of the pics looks weird. shoe collection looks pretty good. http://www.mrhares.blogspot.com/ did you guys check out the blog? refers to himself as mr. hare all the time... the whole concept is pretty weird. wonder where "mr. hare" comes from or if that is actually his name, and he refers to himself in the third person. blog posts are kinda gimmicky, but eh whatevs, he seems to have good taste.

chronoaug

Reaction score
From a link about blake construction shoes. Well said about forums

Blake shoes get a lot of stick on style forums. The biggest reason is that they are not as long-lasting as Goodyear – but this is the case for lots of different types of clothing, from silk socks to summer suits. As Nathan Brown at London shoemaker Lodger comments:

“If you go and buy a lightweight suit from Kiton it’s not going to last as long as a Huntsman shooting jacket – those things last for centuries. But that doesn’t mean the Italian suit isn’t beautiful and it doesn’t mean it isn’t worth the money.”

In my opinion, the problem is that style forums can really only discuss practical matters. They are great for recommendations on tailors, news about discounts and explorations of sartorial history. But you can’t discuss taste. It is subjective. A full English brogue on the Tricker’s model is very ugly to some; to others, a pointy Italian slip-on is the height of crass. Neither is right or wrong.

So forum discussions of shoes tend to focus on the quality of construction. They swap experiences on longevity and value for money. On those grounds, Goodyear-welted shoes will usually win. In fact, what you want is a cordovan boot with a triple sole – it’ll last a lifetime.

His blog posts are weird as **** but cool, especially as you go further back and he starts posting various shoes he likes (socal has 2 of em in there haha)

Still can't find anything at oki-ni or the other stockists listed or anything about pricing

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
From a link about blake construction shoes. Well said about forums

His blog posts are weird as **** but cool, especially as you go further back and he starts posting various shoes he likes (socal has 2 of em in there haha)

Still can't find anything at oki-ni or the other stockists listed or anything about pricing

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. he seems like a cool guy, but it might be a contrived personality. was wondering who the man behind it is...

he has to have some kind of insider connection to get this hype anyways.

the collection will probably launch in stores soon enough
thumbs-up.gif

chronoaug

Reaction score
Yea. If the prices are reasonable, i would mind selling a pair of shoes or two to get a pair. Stingrays are super dope but their plain ones look real nice too. I hope sufu doesn't create a thread on them or something because there are sooooo many lurkers and bloggers that watch sufu and then in snowballs. I don't want everything to be sold out immdiately when they hit stores.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well they're not related to CCP, Geller or Cloak so I don't think you should worry too much :p. Unless the high posters start repping them hard, then the sheep may flock.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to cop those plain ones as my first nice formal shoes, barring it's not too expensive. I think they'd be nicer than Allen Edmonds PA's for some reason.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they're gonna be alot more expensive than AE.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these look like black shoes. my premiatas are probably on par with them -_-

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads