• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Fat Thighs

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
this thread inspired me to measure my thigh. One of the guys on the first page said the tailor had to measure his thigh twice because he couldnt believe how big they were at 18". Im have the build of an anorexic twig, and i just measured my thigh at a good 18". How can you guys think you have big thighs haha.

He said that was a typo and that they are 28". I guess it pays to read more than the first couple posts...

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Easiest way is to get the jeans you like in bigger waist size, and have the tailer take the waist in. Hence the thighs and the waist will both fit.

That's what we had to do in High School. I had a fondness for squats, deadlifts, leg extensions, and the clean & jerk (not so much, actually... I always felt like I was about to lose it on that one). Benchpressed a measly 170ish, squatted over 600. My waist was 34, but I had to buy 38s to fit my legs and they were still tight. It's been 20 years and while my thighs are nowhere that big anymore, they're still rather sizeable and I find modern "skinny" fits to be unbearable, if I can even get them all the way up. Of course, I have a belly now and the last thing anyone wants to see is Man-Muffin top, but I digress...

Pinhas

Reaction score
Same problem here. Always had bubble butt and large thighs. Hated it all my life but now not sure, seems like its better then having flat-no-ass.

33"Waist, 40"Hips, 24"Thighs. I mostly wear APC PS 31" and now got Nudies Slim Jim 32".

It sucks sometimes when I really want that slick slender look but what can you do.

Buying a nice tapred suit is hard though, cant find anything that can look good on me.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, i always thought i had kind of a womanly hips thing going on, because they have always been about 34" and my waist was usually 29 or 30 (now like 31 or 32 though), but some of you guys have quite a big difference between your hips and waist.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
That's what we had to do in High School. I had a fondness for squats, deadlifts, leg extensions, and the clean & jerk (not so much, actually... I always felt like I was about to lose it on that one). Benchpressed a measly 170ish, squatted over 600. My waist was 34, but I had to buy 38s to fit my legs and they were still tight. It's been 20 years and while my thighs are nowhere that big anymore, they're still rather sizeable and I find modern "skinny" fits to be unbearable, if I can even get them all the way up. Of course, I have a belly now and the last thing anyone wants to see is Man-Muffin top, but I digress...

not that i am doubting you, but these are some really skewed numbers. How did you even support 600 pounds between your shoulders?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
not that i am doubting you, but these are some really skewed numbers. How did you even support 600 pounds between your shoulders?
**** if I know. My upper back would be black & blue when I got done with the workout. My trunk/torso is very thick, I just have skinny freaking arms* and although I have a barrel chest, I've never had much for pecs. When I used to work loading cargo at FedEx, I could pick up transmissions, huge crates, etc, by myself, no big deal. I just can't press for ****. A friend suggested that because I was a huge biker growing up that I naturally tended to emphasize the lifts I was already good at and neglected my upper body at the expense of doing more lower body. I used to love wearing shorts and watching the muscles ripple across the front of my quad. Narcissism++.
wink.gif
*one of the problems I have with fitting shirts is that my neck is around 17.5-18", I wear a 46-48 jacket, but the sleeves are always pretty "generous" on me. I'd love to wear a lot of the slimmer fitting stuff, but I fear that to get the best fit, I'll end up having to do MTM, but I've got another 30 pounds before I want to invest money in that.
smile.gif

Transcendental

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
18" thighs? How is that big?

I am a 33" true waist with 24" thighs... 40" hips
frown.gif
But I won't give up squatting for a flatter butt

In any case I don't find it too hard to get denim. I do have to size up sometimes, but since I lost some weight (not a lot. Down from 205 at my biggest to about 185 now) jeans fit better. IDK, I think ppl just like to throw #'s out, i'ts not impossible to find good denim for bigger legs, unless you are Ronnie Coleman

Yeah its not bad with me either. I've squatted weekly for years now and have found as long as you become proportionate nothing is much of a problem

levis 501s and wh660s are the BEST fit ive ever had. Thighs stretch out nicely and the waist conforms to you

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
**** if I know. My upper back would be black & blue when I got done with the workout. My trunk/torso is very thick, I just have skinny freaking arms* and although I have a barrel chest, I've never had much for pecs. When I used to work loading cargo at FedEx, I could pick up transmissions, huge crates, etc, by myself, no big deal. I just can't press for ****.

A friend suggested that because I was a huge biker growing up that I naturally tended to emphasize the lifts I was already good at and neglected my upper body at the expense of doing more lower body. I used to love wearing shorts and watching the muscles ripple across the front of my quad. Narcissism++.
wink.gif

*one of the problems I have with fitting shirts is that my neck is around 17.5-18", I wear a 46-48 jacket, but the sleeves are always pretty "generous" on me. I'd love to wear a lot of the slimmer fitting stuff, but I fear that to get the best fit, I'll end up having to do MTM, but I've got another 30 pounds before I want to invest money in that.
smile.gif

I got bigger thighs doing a lot of biking too, my only way of transportation when I was younger in PRC, so I definitely understand where you are coming from. just thought I ask, because I have never seen that type of stats before.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see some fit pics to really see if your thighs are "fat."

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Y'all have some small thighs. Are you measuring at the widest part, or like halfway or what?

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
33 waist, 26ish thigh, really sucks

my eternal 811's 34's fit perfectly everywhere except for the thighs

dissapointedengineer

Reaction score
31-33 waist (depending on time of year, bulking, cutting etc.)
23.5 to 25 thigh (see ^)

I discovered SF while searching for jeans that fit athletic thighs. Started with a pair of Rescues (which get mentioned on here a lot for guys with large thighs), but DAMN those were painted on my quads.. recommend trying before buying. Maybe I sized wrong.. who knows.. everytime I sat down I was afraid they were gonna split. Finally gave up and tossed em.

Now own:
IH 634s. The clear favorite. Don't understand the "thigh" dimension on Selfedge. Bought 32's and the thigh says 11.7 wtf??

SDA101 are decent. 32 waiste w/ 13.25 thigh (prewash). At least when I sit down I can "pinch" the denim off my leg (can't stand it otherwise). Certainly not the most modern cut, but not intended to be.

SDA103 - been wearing these for about a month.. hoping the thigh will stretch out a little. Can't "pinch"
plain.gif

Sam 0500xx: these somehow manage to sag ********** AND cause weggie at the same time.. they need to be studied.. by scientists..
smile.gif

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dissapointedengineer
these somehow manage to sag ********** AND cause weggie at the same time.. they need to be studied.. by scientists..
smile.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
Same problem here. Always had bubble butt and large thighs. Hated it all my life but now not sure, seems like its better then having flat-no-ass.

33"Waist, 40"Hips, 24"Thighs. I mostly wear APC PS 31" and now got Nudies Slim Jim 32".

It sucks sometimes when I really want that slick slender look but what can you do.

Buying a nice tapred suit is hard though, cant find anything that can look good on me.

Those APCs must be ******* jeggings on you, because I have pretty much the same exact measurements and PS 32" did not fit at all. I mean the buttons closed and everything, but they were literally skin tight and made my legs hurt. I have NS 33" that fit a *little* too big, and have tried + am scoping some NC 33-34s that fit perfect when I tried them new.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Those APCs must be ******* jeggings on you, because I have pretty much the same exact measurements and PS 32" did not fit at all. I mean the buttons closed and everything, but they were literally skin tight and made my legs hurt. I have NS 33" that fit a *little* too big, and have tried + am scoping some NC 33-34s that fit perfect when I tried them new.

The first few days were tough, but now they are good. They streatched A LOT and now I think they are just right. I posted a pic in the APC thread (not a great one, will do more lil later).

I think my next pair will either be Somet 030 or APC NC; have to try both on first, are the NC similar to the PS up top?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics