• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MP3 player for swimming?

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nything that youve tried so you can listen to music while swimming without wearing an astronaut helmet on your head?

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
You can't be serious?????????

Have people become so bored with every activity now, that it requires listening to music while doing it?

Are we listening to our MP3 players while fuking too?

Incman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass

Have people become so bored with every activity now, that it requires listening to music while doing it?

Some people enjoy music a lot, and technology has enabled us to easily listen to music while we do other things. I'm listening to music on my iphone while I:

Walk anywhere
bike anywhere
take the bus anywhere
cut the lawn
shovel the driveway
sit around at work

etc etc etc. I love music.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

?????

SO wanting to listen to some music when you have your head down staring at the bottom of a pool for ah hour or two everyday is supposed to be some bad generational thing now?

Yes. I get bored swimming 40 or 50 laps and music would help as it helps me when i run too.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
SO wanting to listen to some music when you have your head down staring at the bottom of a pool for ah hour or two everyday is supposed to be some bad generational thing now?
Yes

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again, reading SF has caused me to covet things I never even knew existed.

turboman808

Reaction score
Swimming has always been a form of meditation so listening to music sounds very strange. But to each his own.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hang on grandpa, I need to turn up my computer's volume before I read your post.

word

Reaction score

Uh...you've never put an album or record on before *******?
eh.gif
frown.gif

I'm listening to music pretty much all hours of the day, sometimes even while falling asleep. I'm sorry you don't have that level of appreciation for music that you can't understand why somebody would want to play it so much.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Uh...you've never put an album or record on before *******?

I don't think that's the same thing as having headphones/earbuds on, with wires attached to an ipod while fuking. You can read a book while fuking too, but it probably means you aren't too interested in the fuking.

I'm sorry you don't have that level of appreciation for music that you can't understand why somebody would want to play it so much.

I have an extreme appreciation for music...which is why when I'm listening to it, that's all I'm doing. What you are describing is the sort of mass ADD young people seem to have these days.

If you are doing a boring task, and having ear buds and not being totally aware of your environment doesn't pose any safety risks...then go ahead and listen to some music. Even then I would prefer having speakers rather than it in my ear.

Having ipods in your head while doing pretty much everything is not multitasking...it's doing everything half-assed.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Please get any ideas of Gen Y envy right out of your head.

The irony is that I may be older than you. Well, physically, that is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads