• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moving to Tokyo!

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my work visa from the embassy this morning, so it's pretty much official!

I'm transferring to the Tokyo office of my company. It was actually a really long and arduous interview process to get the offer, so I'm really elated that it worked out for me.

Don't worry, I promise I'll keep you guys updated on the latest Japanese fashion trends.... as well as all the fine, fine young ladies
mwink[1].gif

I'm moving in about a month.... so if you're in the area drop me a line, I'd love to get together for a beer.
cheers.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucky SOB, I need to find a job that I can transfer to Tokyo with. It would sure make moving to live there with the future wife easier.

UMass

Reaction score
What part of Tokyo is your office? Our office is near the New Otain hotel and I just returned from Japan.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Lucky SOB, I need to find a job that I can transfer to Tokyo with. It would sure make moving to live there with the future wife easier.
Well if you've got a wife you're all set. Your spouse visa should allow you to work anywhere that will hire you, so just get a job teaching English until your Japanese improves to the point that you can find something better.

Originally Posted by UMass
What part of Tokyo is your office? Our office is near the New Otain hotel and I just returned from Japan.
You mean New Otani? That is in the very central part of Tokyo. My office is in an area called Chofu, which is about 15 minutes outside of Shinjuku.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Well if you've got a wife you're all set. Your spouse visa should allow you to work anywhere that will hire you, so just get a job teaching English until your Japanese improves to the point that you can find something better.

You mean New Otani? That is in the very central part of Tokyo. My office is in an area called Chofu, which is about 15 minutes outside of Shinjuku.

Yeah, the English job would be ok, but I only considered that for a part time job as a language student at the same time.

Do you mean den en chofu? That is a pretty nice area. My inlaws live there.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chofu (I don`t think he means Denenchofu) is a very nice area. There are lots of foreigners living in that area, so you won`t have any problems.

Also if you have kids, they have a nice school called ASIJ in the area, which is one of the best for foreigners in Japan.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Chofu (I don`t think he means Denenchofu) is a very nice area. There are lots of foreigners living in that area, so you won`t have any problems.

Also if you have kids, they have a nice school called ASIJ in the area, which is one of the best for foreigners in Japan.

Right, I'm talking about Chofu city. Do you know the area very well? It seems a little suburban (by Tokyo standards), so I was thinking of living somewhere in between Chofu and Shinjuku (on the Keio line).

nioh

Reaction score
Nice! Going there in roughly two month myself, albeit only for vacation.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Visvim pls and thank you :p

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amerikajinda is going to kill you.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Amerikajinda is going to kill you.

I dont know, I think Amerikajinda would rather be in Korea as he seems to dig on Korean girls a bit more than the Japanese ones

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads