• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moving Rapidly Downhill

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Given the disappearance
(or in some cases very infrequent appearance)
of RJman, Manton, Voxsartoria, F. Cornera, Iammatt, Concordia, Dopey, George, RSS, etc...

Given an overall direction of quality,
which is very lacking of late...

is Style Forum destined to become another AskAndy?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
says the member that has only been on the forum for a year and a few months or so? This question has been asked over and over again. Members come and members go. Some return, some don't. Only time will see.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many of those guys are more frequent on other sections of the site. Ultimately There is a finite amount that can be said of formal clothing. Once that has been exhausted people naturally move to other discussion topics.

I actually think its a good thing; as you start your journey you grow and the forum tracks your growth. once you reach Voxian or RSSian status you almost loose your value, acting only as a figurehead or ideal. The job of being God is boring.

emptym

Reaction score
I think the forum would quickly become the best it's ever been, if the OP and all of us would ask ourselves this question before posting: Am I making a positive contribution or not?

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
I think the forum would quickly become the best it's ever been, if the OP and all of us would ask ourselves this question before posting: Am I making a positive contribution or not?
I do not think I will get a better answer than this one.
But, the thread should continue on the off-chance we do.

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
says the member that has only been on the forum for a year and a few months or so? This question has been asked over and over again. Members come and members go. Some return, some don't. Only time will see.
I've been around since 2004 ... the trend is from my point of view -- sadly -- downhill.

ismelllikepoop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorial1
I've been around since 2004 ... the trend is from my point of view -- sadly -- downhill.

didnt you get the memo, nothing's as good as it used to be. i got in at the peak and sadly all these newbies don't know how good it once was. lather rinse repeat for pretty much every brand mentioned here on sf.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Vanguard cometh....hermes man, Reevolving, what more do we need?

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Insensitive
To achieve that, Style Forum would need a Cruiser.
It has Metlin.

EDIT: That's a joke Metlin ... sorta.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF WILL NEVER be AAAC, I want to kill myself being banished to AAAC at work. Oh if only teh ban was lifted. I can't stomach that site anymore from the ads, to the constant shilling of Andy, WAYWRN posts by upr_crust. I almost vomited the other day.

The good news is I'm out of a few Andypoints and hopefully will be banned there soon but I just can't seem to manage...

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just joined recently so everyone needs to chill the **** out. The quality of this forum is going nowhere but up.

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
"Mon pays ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver."

...everyone needs to chill the **** out.

Obviously you prefer things a little on the cool side.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but only in moderation. I enjoy winter, but to a reasonable extent. And I asked you all to "chill" the **** out, not "freeze" the **** out.

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Yes, but only in moderation. I enjoy winter, but to a reasonable extent. And I asked you all to "chill" the **** out, not "freeze" the **** out.
I said cool not cold, no?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
SF WILL NEVER be AAAC, I want to kill myself being banished to AAAC at work. Oh if only teh ban was lifted. I can't stomach that site anymore from the ads, to the constant shilling of Andy, WAYWRN posts by upr_crust. I almost vomited the other day.

The good news is I'm out of a few Andypoints and hopefully will be banned there soon but I just can't seem to manage...

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel, and, if you've not noticed, I've also taken to posting here - I recommend an anti-regurgitant on a regular basis.

As to the OP's observation, there is still some more interesting style commentary going on here than at AAAC, as much as I still post there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads