• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Moving patch pockets

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to move patch pockets.

I am thinking of buying a 100% linen sportscoat but the the patch pockets are probably set 1/2-1" too far out ward, to the point they are almost hitting my hips.

Aside from potential pattern matching, is it a big problem to move them?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd think it would depend on the type of linen. IF it's anything like cotton you may be able to see where it was previously stitched.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You want to move the pockets closer to the front edge? I would rethink that. It may look worse than what you have now.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You want to move the pockets closer to the front edge? I would rethink that. It may look worse than what you have now.

Really? because of damage done by moving them or just the fact they will then look out of place.

As of now, they are basically half facing forward and half directly to the side.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.