• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moving back to Arizona!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
As many of you know, I have spent the past three years working in Sacramento while my wife and kids remained in Phoenix, so I'm excited to announce that I have accepted a new job in Scottsdale and will be moving back to Phoenix in a few weeks.

Sacramento has been a nice experience and the job has been great, but I can't wait to be home with my wife and kids on a permanent basis. My new job will be similar to my current position with the State of California, however I'll be doing it for the City of Scottsdale.

Not sure what the dress code will be yet, but likely more casual than my current position.

As one of my friends said on Facebook, I'm probably the only person ever to be excited to be moving to Arizona in August :)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is really great, Congrats!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is certainly great news Bradford, congratulations!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am very happy for you my friend

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:cheers:

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excellent news, Bradford! Three years? Wow...don't need to tell you that this is long overdue.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
now don't get that garbage you learned in california and bringing it to arizona like wearing red stilletos in public. that won't work over there!

congratulations on the move back, brad.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember this. You were having a really hard time with the distance and I made an incredibly classless and insensitive post about it. Happy to hear that you will finally be home. Hopefully for good this time.

emptym

Reaction score
Congrats. I miss the desert too and look forward to when I can move back.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Bradford! I am very happy for you and your family!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'm not sure which sounds worse, Sacto or Scottsdale, but congrats regardless!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

As one of my friends said on Facebook, I'm probably the only person ever to be excited to be moving to Arizona in August :)

eh, it's not really that bad, just july is worst and then 10-11 months of good weather. also scottsdale is nice, and all you need is the shade of a palm tree as the dry heat only bothers when directly under the sun :)

though that whole metro-phx area is a bit more humid than the rest ...

congratulations !

Last edited:

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score

eh, it's not really that bad, just july is worst and then 10-11 months of good weather. also scottsdale is nice, and all you need is the shade of a palm tree as the dry heat only bothers when directly under the sun :)
though that whole metro-phx area is a bit more humid than the rest ...
congratulations !

Uh, yeah, I've lived in Arizona most of my life, so the heat will not be a surprise :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads