1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that blow

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, Mar 18, 2006.

1. hws

hws Senior member

Judd Apatow is really overrated.
    I agree this!

2. horndog

horndog Senior member

Kill Bill (1 or 2)

Why people like those movies boggles my mind.

3. mtsoccer4

mtsoccer4 Senior member

Kill Bill (1 or 2)

Why people like those movies boggles my mind.

AGREED. It's like a cult following I've never been able to understand.

Watched "Year One" the other night. Absolutely terrible. I thought it would be nice to relax with a simple and slightly comedic movie. What a joke. Damn near shut the thing off; not worth the Red Box $1.

4. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

I found "Knocked Up" to be pretty depressing along the lines of "The Breakup."

5. spudnik99

spudnik99 Senior member

6. jesask

jesask Senior member

Well I finally saw Gran Torino. It was awful. I know a lot of people like this film. I had to fast forward through it. So cliche, and bad performances all the way around. No way things would play out like they did.

+1

7. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

I just watched No Country for Old Men the other day.

I want those two hours of my life back. Really, what was the appeal of that film?

The appeal is Javier Bardem who is classic

8. Korben

Korben Senior member

Seven Swords.

Worst film I have ever seen in my entire life. Hong Kong's answer to The Lord of the Rings indeed.

I actually have that movie... don't know where I got it but it is absolutely terrible.

I would like to add the Twilight moive... it looked like all the actors were constipated all the time.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

I found "Knocked Up" to be pretty depressing along the lines of "The Breakup."

That movie was so depressingly awful I wanted to shoot myself in the face halfway through it. I ended up turning it off when it was obvious it was not going to get better.

10. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

New Moon was definitely one of the worst films I've ever seen. Probably the worst. Even the teenage girls who went to see it couldn't help but laugh at how bad it was.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

New Moon was definitely one of the worst films I've ever seen. Probably the worst. Even the teenage girls who went to see it couldn't help but laugh at how bad it was.

'Tis what I heard as well.

One of my female roommates went to see it with her younger cousin, she said it was possibly the worst movie she had ever paid money to see.

12. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

I think Roger Ebert said it best when he said that ""The Twilight Saga: New Moon" takes the tepid achievement of "Twilight" (2008), guts it, and leaves it for undead. ". New Moon is even worse than the first movie. I can't believe people actually enjoy it.

13. hws

hws Senior member

Movie which answer original question of this topic is Brown Bunny, Chloë Sevigny lip the penis of Vincent Gallo!

14. tor

tor Senior member

Crash--avoid it, despite the win. A movie with "deep statement" pretensions that ultimately falls flat from ham-handed writing and acting and a parade of two-dimensional characters. Almost as bad as Falling Down.
    So true. The characters were like caricatures of stereotypes...CARICATURES OF STEREOTYPES. Can you imagine? The racism that people need to watch out for is the subtle prejudice that we all have, not the gun-toting fuck people who aren't the exact same race as me kind. It just came across as preachy, not particularly poignant or moving in any way, except in my stomach when I wanted to throw up after seeing the bizarre dei ex machina of the blank ammo and the car accident. Add to the list: Confessions of a Shopaholic and Total Recall. I don't care what you say about Total Recall: [​IMG] That is all.

15. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

I would put "Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls" up against anything as the worst movie ever made. I'm not sure that there was anything good about it except that it ended. Wow, what a terrible movie.

16. dganderson

dganderson Senior member

The worst movie that I've seen was a film called Ankle Biters about midget vampires. My roommates and I found it at a local Blockbuster in college and figured that we'd give it a shot. They must have shot the film with handheld video cameras from Wal-Mart because as the actors got farther away the volume of their voices went down. Truly a terrible movie.

17. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

That movie was so depressingly awful I wanted to shoot myself in the face halfway through it. I ended up turning it off when it was obvious it was not going to get better.

As a general rule, if you find yourself waiting for something (movie, tv show, cd, book, etc.) to get better, it almost never does.

If the people who made it had anything worthwhile, they would have put it up front.

18. AdmiralGrafSpee

AdmiralGrafSpee Well-Known Member

I recently watched the Dardenne brothers' 2005 Palme d'Or recipient L'enfant. What a disappointment. I don't follow Cannes—or any other "authority"—but I cannot believe this film was not laughed out of the competition.

19. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

"Knocked Up" was awful. Had to turn it off. It was a big PSA wrapped in unfunny.

20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior member

Semi-related to ^^^^^^, traded w/the g/f watching "The Ugly Truth" and "My Sister's Keeper" for "Terminator Salavation", "The Bank Job", and "The Taking of Pelham 123" this weekend.

When TUT was finished, I said, "Well, that's an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back." It may have seemed worse than it was in reality because I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't believe King Leonidas had been reduced to this....