1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that blow

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, Mar 18, 2006.

1. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Anyone see "Versus", the Japanese zombie Yakuza movie? I'm not sure if it blows... it was too weird. Tell me what to think.

if you were to watch Versus for the plot then it sucked ass. If you were to watch it for bizzare/zombie killin/slight violent love story/WTF value then its a good movie. I have it play in the background while I study all the time.

The first time I watched it I was disappointed because the preview made it look so damn cool and action packed (I was expecting a plain violent Yakuza movie).

on that note: Pistol Opera looked cool but was a cluster fuck of dialog and plot twists leading to nothing

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I Know Who Killed Me.

It sounded soooo promising. Lindsay Lohan, a metal pole, some under-the-radar actors, gore.

Well, folks, it didn't live up to the hype. In fact, this movie explains a good bit of her recent DUI arrest. Her choices:

Option A: Appear on Letterman to promote the new flick
    Option B: Get drunk, drive around with coke in pocket.

I would have chosen option B as well, now that I've seen the movie. If you wait a few weeks, it should be on the 3:00 rainy-day Sunday special on broadcast TV, and if you have shirts that need ironing, or a sock drawer that needs organizing, that would be your time to get started.

3. Matt

Matt Senior member

the gf and I both fell asleep within 30 mins of Oceans 13. That cant be a good sign.

4. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

I Know Who Killed Me.

It sounded soooo promising. Lindsay Lohan, a metal pole, some under-the-radar actors, gore.

Well, folks, it didn't live up to the hype. In fact, this movie explains a good bit of her recent DUI arrest. Her choices:

I would have chosen option B as well, now that I've seen the movie. If you wait a few weeks, it should be on the 3:00 rainy-day Sunday special on broadcast TV, and if you have shirts that need ironing, or a sock drawer that needs organizing, that would be your time to get started.

This film had hype? [​IMG]

5. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I Know Who Killed Me.

Unfortunately, I saw this movie too, and was going to mention that it should be on everyones "10 movies never to watch--ever--list."

6. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

the gf and I both fell asleep within 30 mins of Oceans 13. That cant be a good sign.

i thought it was okay, except that when ocean threatens al pacino, you get the impression pacino is a tough guy with lots of muscle around him, but then they go about sabotaging him and pacino is clueless. he does ZERO to defend himself. that was lame.

7. Matt

Matt Senior member

Bought a pirate copy of The Heartbreak Kid and watched it the other night.

It is movies like this that make piracy OK.

It sucked. Everything about it sucked. Life is too short to watch this movie.

8. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

9. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Oceans 13 was pretty bad, never finished watching.

Die Hard 4 sucked horribly, except for a couple of funny lines. Probably the worst movie I saw in the last 18 month.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I was forced to watch Bratz the other night.

I...I have no words.

11. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I was forced to watch Bratz the other night.

I...I have no words.

How were you forced? Did an army of middle school girls pin you down and make you (sorry to arouse Americankidninja)? What in G-d's name could compel you to do that?

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

How were you forced? Did an army of middle school girls pin you down and make you (sorry to arouse Americankidninja)? What in G-d's name could compel you to do that?

Do you really want to know his secrets? [​IMG]

13. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

14. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

juno.

+1 and the other unfortunate shit I was dragged to see in recent weeks: Sweeney Todd and Cloverfield. Oh and 3:10 to Yuma, which I caught on DVD a couple nights ago.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

+1 and the other unfortunate shit I was dragged to see in recent weeks: Sweeney Todd and Cloverfield. Oh and 3:10 to Yuma, which I caught on DVD a couple nights ago.

I rather liked Sweeney Todd. It had a certain...droll feel to it all. I laughed out loud during the vacation sequence. Then again Mrs. T did not like it one bit.

16. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Senior member

Watched Invasion a few nights ago, free rental, so whatever. Still, I didn't think it would be THAT bad. You just get NOTHING out of the movie, I'd loved to have seen what it was originally intended to look like, before the studio brought in The Wachowski retards to write in helicopters and car chases.

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thought Mrs. T wanted to catch the new Diane Lane flick, Untraceable. So we went.

In retrospect it wasn't completely heinous, but I hated the opening scene, and that spoiled the next 90+ minutes for me. Actually, I hated the dialog, too. Hated the characters, and their lack of development. Hated the atmosphere and cinematography. Hated the obvious lapses in common sense that every character had. And Diane Lane wore too many clothes.

18. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Thought Mrs. T wanted to catch the new Diane Lane flick, Untraceable. So we went.

In retrospect it wasn't completely heinous, but I hated the opening scene, and that spoiled the next 90+ minutes for me. Actually, I hated the dialog, too. Hated the characters, and their lack of development. Hated the atmosphere and cinematography. Hated the obvious lapses in common sense that every character had. And Diane Lane wore too many clothes.

See: Unfaithful. And I wouldn't watch that with Mrs. T.

19. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

See: Unfaithful. And I wouldn't watch that with Mrs. T.

Oh, I did.

Actually, we did. [​IMG]

20. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Hated the obvious lapses in common sense that every character had. .

You mean after someone "hacks" into your car's computer, shuts it off in the middle of a bridge you wouldn't get back in it as well and try to drive off?