• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movado Watches

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid
This is kind of like asking why someone would spend so much money on a suit that is canvassed as opposed to fused when they both cover your body the same way and 99.99% of the population doesn't know the difference.

It's about quality and craftsmanship.

+100000000...

I don't understand how some people dont get this. Why do people buy Goodyear welted shoes when you can buy 50 pairs of glued ones for the same price???

marg

Reaction score
movado = expensive seiko take that money and buy something with a classic look that will last a long time. my suggestions in this price range are omega and ebel. baume & mercier is great, too. i have a 2 tone capelane chrono that i picked up pre-owned, and i'm verry happy with it. you could also save some more money and get a used breitling or rolex. i suggest ordering from national watch in philadelphia. they specialize in pre-owned rolex, but they have others. i bought my submariner from them in 05. www.nationalwatch.com

Valproate

Reaction score
I think the museum watch is a little too pretentious--the watch doesn't really tell time. As a work of art, it was a novel idea when it came out.

sss

Reaction score
I think that's one of the great things about a movado, the watch seems like a piece of art and it has such a classic design. Other watches sometime have way too much going on such as a breitling. It's all about individual tastes some people like the bling of a Joe rodeo watch, others the mechanical movement, and so on. I'm sure that if you buy a movado today, 10 years from now it will still be sharp looking as it's soo simple and timeless.

zinski1990

Reaction score
I know this thread is super old but hoping to revive it. I have a movado watch and have never had any problems with it whatsoever. I find their museum design simple but great in appearance and movado watch faces seem to shine more than any other brands. Living here in Indiana I rarely have seen anyone with one so it's definitely a unique watch to wear here in the midwest. My step dad who's from LA has 4 of them and are his favorite brand so that's how I found out about them about 10 years ago when he married my mom. Maybe it's more of a big city flavor of watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads