• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mountain dew pitch black

vero_group

Reaction score
All: My agency does all the Web-work for PepsiCo and its beverage brands: Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Aquafina, etc. We just launched a new site for the limited edition Halloween drink, Mountain Dew Pitch Black. You can visit the site at http://www.mountaindew.com/pitchblack I'd appreciate hearing your likes and dislikes about the site and the game "Terror in the Woods" incorporated within it, so that the agency can improve upon them. We'll be adding more features from now until Halloween. So check it out. But allow me to warn you: you should not go to this site if you do not have a spare pair of underpants handy. Logan.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmm, black mountain dew...i hope it has the consistency of, like, tar or something. or if they want to be really creepy they could package it with gelatin cubes or tapioca inside. it'd be like drinking eyeball juice.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmm, black mountain dew...i hope it has the consistency of, like, tar or something. or if they want to be really creepy they could package it with gelatin cubes or tapioca inside. it'd be like drinking eyeball juice.
Gee you are in the wrong business FB...
cry.gif
JJF

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wonder if there's a big market for haunted house design...i bet more than one person would like to live in one.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No offense to your campaign, but I will not buy any products using 'terror' as a marketing ploy. Including presidents, soft drinks and other consumable goods that are bad for your health.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe they should call it 'scariness in the woods'...

ok i'm being facetious. j, you have a point, though - the world is a different place right now, where the word 'terror' still has some unpleasant connotations.

/andrew - not prepped for hallowe'en yet

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh...you're taking us seriously...
sadlike.gif
yeah, i guess 'horror' might work. you probably need a more professional opinion - call on mr. quill who is a copywriter. other alternatives (again with the tongue in cheek) : 'fear and loathing' in the woods 'whazzzzuuuuuuup' in the woods 'FCUK' in the woods LOL can't believe i said that last one... 'mild perturbence' in the woods 'barney and friends' in the woods (genuinely terrifying) ok i'm tapped out. 'horror' is maybe the best. 'fear' is ok. 'fright' is awkward. /andrew - not a writer, but i play one on TV (just like angela lansbury. )

vero_group

Reaction score
So... back to my original request -- likes? dislikes? love it? hate it? does nothing for you? just don't care? confused? baffled? bored?

Thanks.

Logan.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weeeell, I guess it's okay. The fonts are cool.

The game, however, is repetitive in the extreme, despite being so short. There's no time to avoid the obstacles as you see them, so all you need to do instead is mash all the buttons endlessly to win. And there's no payoff - if completing it gave you a code to enter a competition, or something you could print out and send, to get a free bottle of Dew, it'd be much better.

Personally, I'd much rather a top-down maze game where you go through the forest killing werewolves and vampires. The 'FYI' section hints at monster-slaying, so WHERE IS IT?.

And the advertisement itself sucks. Perhaps it's just me, but I'm sick of all ads where the punchline is a guy doing something 'wacky' or unexpected and saying, "What?" It's not clever, nor is it witty. It's just lazy.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The drink is pretty gross... full of terror.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
WHOA - HOW MUCH CAFFEINE IS IN THIS STUFF.... JUST DRANK SOME OF THIS (THANKS STYLE FORUM) AND I AM BUZZING...... I'M YELLING AND I DON'T KNOW WHY - GOTTA COME DOWN NOW - ANYONE HAVE A VALIUM?
confused.gif
BRADFORD
devil.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Hmmm- Maybe I should try it.

Brad- not at the convention?

Gonna win AZ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads