1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mountain dew pitch black

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vero_group, Aug 20, 2004.

1. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

All: My agency does all the Web-work for PepsiCo and its beverage brands: Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Aquafina, etc. We just launched a new site for the limited edition Halloween drink, Mountain Dew Pitch Black. You can visit the site at http://www.mountaindew.com/pitchblack I'd appreciate hearing your likes and dislikes about the site and the game "Terror in the Woods" incorporated within it, so that the agency can improve upon them. We'll be adding more features from now until Halloween. So check it out. But allow me to warn you: you should not go to this site if you do not have a spare pair of underpants handy. Logan.

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

mmm, black mountain dew...i hope it has the consistency of, like, tar or something. or if they want to be really creepy they could package it with gelatin cubes or tapioca inside. it'd be like drinking eyeball juice.

3. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Gee you are in the wrong business FB... [​IMG] JJF

4. faustian bargain

i wonder if there's a big market for haunted house design...i bet more than one person would like to live in one.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

No offense to your campaign, but I will not buy any products using 'terror' as a marketing ploy. Including presidents, soft drinks and other consumable goods that are bad for your health.

6. faustian bargain

maybe they should call it 'scariness in the woods'...

ok i'm being facetious. j, you have a point, though - the world is a different place right now, where the word 'terror' still has some unpleasant connotations.

/andrew - not prepped for hallowe'en yet

7. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

'Horror in the Woods' may be better, yes?

8. faustian bargain

oh...you're taking us seriously... [​IMG] yeah, i guess 'horror' might work. you probably need a more professional opinion - call on mr. quill who is a copywriter. other alternatives (again with the tongue in cheek) : 'fear and loathing' in the woods 'whazzzzuuuuuuup' in the woods 'FCUK' in the woods LOL can't believe i said that last one... 'mild perturbence' in the woods 'barney and friends' in the woods (genuinely terrifying) ok i'm tapped out. 'horror' is maybe the best. 'fear' is ok. 'fright' is awkward. /andrew - not a writer, but i play one on TV (just like angela lansbury. )

9. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

So... back to my original request -- likes? dislikes? love it? hate it? does nothing for you? just don't care? confused? baffled? bored?

Thanks.

Logan.

10. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Weeeell, I guess it's okay. The fonts are cool.

The game, however, is repetitive in the extreme, despite being so short. There's no time to avoid the obstacles as you see them, so all you need to do instead is mash all the buttons endlessly to win. And there's no payoff - if completing it gave you a code to enter a competition, or something you could print out and send, to get a free bottle of Dew, it'd be much better.

Personally, I'd much rather a top-down maze game where you go through the forest killing werewolves and vampires. The 'FYI' section hints at monster-slaying, so WHERE IS IT?.

And the advertisement itself sucks. Perhaps it's just me, but I'm sick of all ads where the punchline is a guy doing something 'wacky' or unexpected and saying, "What?" It's not clever, nor is it witty. It's just lazy.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

The drink is pretty gross... full of terror.

12. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

WHOA - HOW MUCH CAFFEINE IS IN THIS STUFF.... JUST DRANK SOME OF THIS (THANKS STYLE FORUM) AND I AM BUZZING...... I'M YELLING AND I DON'T KNOW WHY - GOTTA COME DOWN NOW - ANYONE HAVE A VALIUM?[​IMG] BRADFORD [​IMG]

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Hmmm- Maybe I should try it.

Brad- not at the convention?

Gonna win AZ?