• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorola Droid with Google Navigation

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
HTC Leo/HD2 is still going to be the phone for me. Hopefully it comes to AT&T.
I believe its coming to T-Mobile. It'll be GSM so you can unlock it and use it on AT&T. The problem with the HD2, which is superior in just about every way, is that its using stupid ******* Windows Mobile 6.5. That's a deal breaker right there. Rumor is that they're not going to release an Android version either.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I believe its coming to T-Mobile. It'll be GSM so you can unlock it and use it on AT&T.

Last I heard no one knows which carrier is picking it up; just that it's coming to the US in Q1 of 2010.

The problem with the HD2, which is superior in just about every way, is that its using stupid ******* Windows Mobile 6.5. That's a deal breaker right there. Rumor is that they're not going to release an Android version either.
I happen to like Windows Mobile. There's Touch Flo or something like SPB Mobile Shell to make it more touch/user friendly.

All of my programs are already on the platform and I don't intend to have to buy them again.

It's supposed to be upgradeable to 7 although who the hell knows when that will be released and what it will be like.

I've never used Android so not sure what it has to offer over Windows Mobile.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Last I heard no one knows which carrier is picking it up; just that it's coming to the US in Q1 of 2010.
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-mobile-bound/
I happen to like Windows Mobile. There's Touch Flo or something like SPB Mobile Shell to make it more touch/user friendly. All of my programs are already on the platform and I don't intend to have to buy them again. It's supposed to be upgradeable to 7 although who the hell knows when that will be released and what it will be like. I've never used Android so not sure what it has to offer over Windows Mobile.
I can get this but WM 6.5 is a crap upgrade over 6. 7 is where the money'll be at and there is no word on when exactly it'll be out. Android isn't exactly the greatest thing ever but the 2.0 update, which Droid will have, should put it as 2nd banana to Snapple.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-mobile-bound/

This saddens me.
frown.gif

I can get this but WM 6.5 is a crap upgrade over 6.
I haven't used it yet but I did read some stuff about there being some speed improvements besides the attempts to make the UI a bit more finger friendly.

7 is where the money'll be at and there is no word on when exactly it'll be out.
MS really has dropped the ball with 7.

They should have skipped this whole 6.5 stop gap and put all their efforts into bringing out 7 instead of delay after delay. Oh well.

Android isn't exactly the greatest thing ever but the 2.0 update, which Droid will have, should put it as 2nd banana to Snapple.
I don't get the iPhone love. I'm currently using an old 2G that I inherited. It's nice and I thank Apple for pushing the other companies and software manufacturers to make their OS/programs more finger friendly but the default platform could just be so much better if Apple weren't such control freaks. The iPhone is markedly improved by jailbreaking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads