• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcyclists - What are you wearing?

rushup edge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
I am in the proces of acquiring MC clothing. At the moment I've only got a pair of gloves and this
grid-force-zwart.jpg

in dark green.

My license is waiting for spring. There is constant snow abound.

what is this and where can i get one?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Doesn't look particularly weatherproof. Some places that doesn't matter much I guess.
smile.gif

Arksz

Reaction score
Newenough is a great website to deal with! I have bought plenty of things from them and they even took care of a problem I had with fedex, can not recommend them enough. On the other hand icon helmets are overpriced crap. Very uncomfortable and just poor quality. It you would like something on the cheaper side check out sportbiketrackgear for some closeout scorpion helmets. Newenough might even have some scorpions left.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I wish this stuff wasn't so damn expensive.

I'm looking at Firstgear Kilimanjaro 5.0 jackets, and it looks like I missed out on the closeout sale of the "sand" color at New Enough. Crap. $139 is a steal for that jacket. $270 in other colors/everywhere else.

If anyone is a size XXL those are the only sizes still available.
http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...sand_only.html

On a side note, I am tempted to pick up the most obnoxiously loud helmet I can get for under $200. I think it will be a nice counterpoint to the subdued/rugged (I.E. non crotch rocket) gear I'm probably going to pick up. I think this Icon fits the bill for $135

2008iconmainframedeathf.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Icon helmets actually fit me pretty well.
Unsurprising, since most of the helmet is rebranded HJC, which also fit me pretty well.

The ones that fit me BEST are Arai Vectors. But I'm not looking at that price point until I actually get a bike.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
There's a new company called OSCAR being debuted this year, i'm actually the NorCal ambassador for the brand, they gave me the entire collection to ride in last year. It's owned by Alpinestars but it's all late 50's to late 60's repros of their own line which they had for about ten years. I'll take some photos and put them up soon...
Kiya, any update? I see a blog, but no clothes.

JonB27

Reaction score
I'm looking for a summer jacket, no leather.
Any recommendations?

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
mfscmmoutsidesm.jpg

I hope those are liners are not your real gloves unless you want to get your hands ground off one day. That is the one point, that usually takes 75% of the fall.

dron

Reaction score
so. can anyone recommend me a reinforced, slim fitting chino that takes these CE-protective things?

preferably rainproof and available in europe.
thanks

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Anyone that actually rides wearing the ToJ calfskin? Lots of sunshine getting blown around the "official" thread but all the discussion has been around style, nothing about actual toughness.
Some guy was bitten by a pitbull on the arm while wearing a calfskin TOJ jacket. From what I recall he had some wicked bruising but no puncture wounds. It was posted a little white back in the TOJ thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads