• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a good armour cause Im starting to ride in circuit, any recommendation?

I have a nowhere near top of the line Teknic 1 piece suit that, thanks to a summer of beer filled evenings, fits a lot more snug than it used to. lol You have to take in to effect your body type. For example I cant see squeezing the aforementioned beer belly into a RS Taichi suit. Those slender framed days have passed me by.

I tend to watch what road riders such as TT racers as well as motorcycle magazine reviewers wear (Fast Bikes, Visordown, Motorcyclist, Cycle World, etc.) and it seems you can't go wrong with AlpineStars, RST or Spada. A* in particular come at every price point and are super popular. As far as brands that I prefer I do love my Dainese jackets but I would not buy one of their suits as they are too expensive. I like Spidi's products but they are almost as expensive as Dainese. RS Taichi is good if you are of small stature. Vanson if you are of large stature. I hate Joe Rocket gear but they are very affordable as is AGV Sport

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I rode a kitted out (80 cc) Derbi GPR 50 over the weekend. Solid framed, 17" wheels, proper suspension, 6 speed ******, 2 stroke thumper. Powerband is about as narrow as a rubberband but it's kinda fun and once you hit about 8k the front wheel actually gets light. That's the fastest I have ever gone on a slow bike

Except for the exhaust it looked just like this

20160413-2003-derbi-gpr50-malossi-right-730x548.jpg

20160413-2003-derbi-gpr50-malossi-front-730x1040.jpg

20160413-2003-derbi-gpr50-malossi-cockpit-730x1207.jpg

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Where is it?
Colorado (Telluride, Ouray, Silverton), and Moab, UT. Some of the small towns in that part of Colorado are connected by old, defunct mining roads. It makes for some beautiful riding if you've got the right tires and ground clearance.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here on ADVrider? @emptym ?

emptym

Reaction score
Damn, that looks like a lot of fun.
Is anyone here on ADVrider? @emptym ?
Yep, but I think I'm emptm there. Haven't posted for a few years. I haven't taken any fun rides since we had our oldest, so about 6 yrs. And we moved a couple years ago, so my commute is just two miles by bicycle. Been thinking of selling the bike...:(

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that looks like a lot of fun.

Yep, but I think I'm emptm there. Haven't posted for a few years. I haven't taken any fun rides since we had our oldest, so about 6 yrs. And we moved a couple years ago, so my commute is just two miles by bicycle. Been thinking of selling the bike...:(
Ah, bummer. Bicycle commute is ideal, though.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On today's episode of I Think It Moved we feature the MV Agusta Brutale 1000 Serie Oro

1000 cc inline 4
208 hp
85 ft/lbs of torque
Ohlins front & rear
Red carbon fiber wheels
Copious amounts of carbon fiber bodywork
410 lbs dry
bored-smiley.gif

Price: $45,000
holy-cow-smiley.gif

The good news is that MV will release a standard version of this bike that is attainable by mere mortals. I'd be happy without any carbon fiber bodywork, an in-house exhaust (maybe) and Marchesini wheels. I'd want to keep the Ohlins suspension though, esp that blacked out fork. If only there were local dealers. The 2 closest dealers are either 158 miles and 166 miles away. WTF? What sense does that make? I'd understand if I lived in Bumfuck Arkansas but I'm in DC. Why isn't there a dealer closer than 3 hours away from the nation's capitol?

When the moon hits your eyes like a big pizza pie that's amore...

6000000001.jpg

5be0422d0ce69416728b47f4-mv-agusta-brutale-1000-serie-oro.jpg

2019-MV-Agusta-Brutale-1000-Serie-Oro-2.jpg

2019-MV-Agusta-Brutale-1000-Serie-Oro-6.jpg

06%20BRUTALE%2037%20SERIE%20ORO%203-4%20post%20Dx.jpg

MV-Agusta-Brutale-1000-Serie-Oro-08.jpg

3d61d8c8.jpg

8ab1bd060dcfc8dcd5b6ef6b8f4b53bd.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would never ride that thing, but damn, I can appreciate beautiful design. Wow.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is Carabela and Islo specific (I'm pretty sure only Betelgeuse will get this reference).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads