• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not to crazy about pure sports bikes, but this is sweet:

999_Biposto_gelb_14_10_04.JPG

Jon.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I'm not to crazy about pure sports bikes, but this is sweet:

999_Biposto_gelb_14_10_04.JPG

Jon.

That is my fave looking Ducati. Never saw it in yellow before, just red.

ducati_999_rhf_studio_1024.jpg

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had my druthers (and I knew what that was) I would get a Victory as my next cruiser. Maybe not in yellow...

06_vegas_gallery3.jpg
[/IMG]

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
OK, im going to take on another project bike. A lot of fun, cheap motorbikes replacing cheap suits as a hobby for me atm
smile.gif

Time to get something bigger, need bigger and louder to scare locals out of the way. Traffic here cannot be conceived without seeing, but a big bike with a loud exhaust will cut a nice path through it...

Flirted with idea of buying old Belarussian Minsk (may still do so) but went off the idea because they are notorious oil drippers, which spoil pants and shoes. Fine for offroader, but since I am going to ride it to work most days, not appropriate.

So.....Im going to buy one of these things:

Its a 125cc Vietnamese made bike called a Bonus. These are both famous and notorious for a couple of things. Firstly, they are insanely cheap - 2.5 million dong (about $150). The cheapest largish bike there is around here, which makes ppl hate them. So Ill pimp it out and turn some heads. Notorious because they have the standard step through gear box + a clutch, but unlike the step thru bikes (where you come to a stop and click it directly from 4th to neutral), it does not have the lock that stops you doing that while riding. Meaning that while riding at 80 kmh, if i hit the shifter by mistake, it will drop into neutral and cause all kinds of problems....

What do you guys think of this color:

6s.jpg

Im really taken by the way the exhaust is routed on this Ducati upthread:

f01.jpg

so may copy that with only one muffler of course.

Round light at the front, low profile handlebars and think ill be done.

Total cost - about 300 id say. 400 if i bore the engine out to 150 (maybe even 175)....

I love this place sometimes...

Edited cos I couldnt see one of the pics and not sure if link is down or just my crappy VN connection....

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
OK, im going to take on another project bike. A lot of fun, cheap motorbikes replacing cheap suits as a hobby for me atm
smile.gif

Time to get something bigger, need bigger and louder to scare locals out of the way. Traffic here cannot be conceived without seeing, but a big bike with a loud exhaust will cut a nice path through it...

Flirted with idea of buying old Belarussian Minsk (may still do so) but went off the idea because they are notorious oil drippers, which spoil pants and shoes. Fine for offroader, but since I am going to ride it to work most days, not appropriate.

So.....Im going to buy one of these things:

olivia23.jpg

Its a 125cc Vietnamese made bike called a Bonus. These are both famous and notorious for a couple of things. Firstly, they are insanely cheap - 2.5 million dong (about $150). The cheapest largish bike there is around here, which makes ppl hate them. So Ill pimp it out and turn some heads. Notorious because they have the standard step through gear box + a clutch, but unlike the step thru bikes (where you come to a stop and click it directly from 4th to neutral), it does not have the lock that stops you doing that while riding. Meaning that while riding at 80 kmh, if i hit the shifter by mistake, it will drop into neutral and cause all kinds of problems....

What do you guys think of this color:

6s.jpg

Im really taken by the way the exhaust is routed on this bike above:

f01.jpg

so may copy that with only one muffler of course.

Round light at the front, low profile handlebars and think ill be done.

Total cost - about 300 id say. 400 if i bore the engine out to 150 (maybe even 175)....

I love this place sometimes...

Why don't you just get one of these? That would get the locals out of the road. Maybe dress up like batman? (It's getting late...)

tomahawk.jpg
[/IMG]

Cool color. I love low profile, straight, drag bars.

You're posts are inspiring. I was thinking about getting a cheap bike and fixing it but but I really don't know what I am doing. I am mechanically inclined but just never did it. I wish there were more motorcycles in america.

That looks like an old norton. It is probably some kind of knock-off.

norton.jpg
[/IMG]

freakseam

Reaction score
Sweet rides posted.

All I want is a cruiser, probably a Harley, maybe a chopper. I don't really care about speed or the highway, etc., I just want a super-chill cruiser for the countryside.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is little more disgusting than the sound of a farang on a motorcycle slapping into the side of a bus piloted by some local.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my personal idea of sex on two wheels:

2005-mv-f4-tamb-2.jpg

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
I'm a Honda man myself, I have 3 honda motorcyles. A CRF-250, a 1983 Honda 650 Street Bike, and a 1994 Honda Shadow. The Shadow is actually my Dad's, but I ride it more than him.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar
I'm a Honda man myself, I have 3 honda motorcyles. A CRF-250, a 1983 Honda 650 Street Bike, and a 1994 Honda Shadow. The Shadow is actually my Dad's, but I ride it more than him.
youre 15 right?

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
16. Just got my motorcycle license. When you're 15, you can only ride up to 250 cc motorcycles.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
okidokie, got myself a Bonus...

When I bought it, looked like this:

Pretty good condition for $150 huh. Running very very well, body in good order, but still suffering from a couple of the hallmarks of Bonus (square light, weird handlebars...)

So, a trip down to Chinatown took care of that, handlebars $8, light $12, fitting free:

And this is how she looks now:

Took it from there to be resprayed in a metallic pearl purple color, it comes back on Thursday (which is Vietnamese for Saturday if I am lucky, but since I am laid up at the moment anyhow, it doesnt really matter), another $50 for the respray.

Will change the exhaust when I am up and around again ($15 ish), also will change the gauges (they are cracked at the bottom and the tacho needles is missing anyhow), another $15 or so, then ill be done.

Not bad for $250 huh?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah...but wait: you should spend another $250 on some tough looking boots to wear with your shorts and polo.

...is that a moose on your shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads