• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't watched yet, but I wonder if it is edited to paralleled the experience of electric car ownership you hear people describe:

At the beginning, you are constantly worried about your batteries/where to charge/etc., but you quickly start to lose the "range anxiety". It is a legit new experience. Probably the opposite of how you would feel in a Long Way Down scenario where you are kind of conditioned to not be anxious about gasoline range but you are in a place where gas may actually be pretty hard to come by.

Not sure why they would make it feel rushed unless they just didn't have great content...when you're on a streaming service you aren't exactly worried about how many time slots you get, and with a show like this the filming/early production costs are about the same regardless of how many episodes you ultimately fill.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been following the Dakar for the first time (not sure why it wasn't on my radar before). It's pretty awesome and the race footage from helicopters and drones (I assume) is super entertaining.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stole this from my wife’s Instagram today. Somewhere in Tennessee.

CC9F105E-CCC4-46E9-85CF-C6D5E5182B4C.jpeg

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than last week (rainy/cold*), I've been getting out a couple of times a week for rides. Just so you all know.:colgate:

By cold I mean 50-60 degrees.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Other than last week (rainy/cold*), I've been getting out a couple of times a week for rides. Just so you all know.:colgate:

By cold I mean 50-60 degrees.

not me, and I don’t even have an excuse, it’s been 60s and 70s in Texas

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had some beautiful weather here over the last couple of weeks but today was the start of at least a week or so's worth of rain and colder temperatures. So for now I will probably not be riding. The last two weeks I think I rode to work three times each week.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We had some beautiful weather here over the last couple of weeks but today was the start of at least a week or so's worth of rain and colder temperatures. So for now I will probably not be riding. The last two weeks I think I rode to work three times each week.

I made it a New Years resolution to get out there more. When we lived in Philly, riding bikes was miserable, period, so only time I made it out was when we were back in TN. No excuses this year though. May even try a camping trip or two

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I rode the bike home from Tahoe and was so cold I had to grab onto the exhaust pipes to keep my rabbit fur gloved hands from freezing. Getting heated grips ASAP.

Holy ****, yeah, that must have been slightly unpleasant! Have never had heated grips, mainly because we usually have at least a weekend each winter month where weather is pleasant enough to ride without, but then again, you do seem to do more long rides than we do, so I can see how that might be a good idea!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads