• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

derum

Reaction score
Summers over, weather here in TX ideal for riding now, time to let some of these loose!
F5F97DA2-C0F6-49E5-91F5-BFCDFD9B7CC6.jpeg

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was in the low 70s today here (Sierra Foothills, east of Sacramento). I rode in to the office today and actually turned on the grip heaters on the way in. It was perfect on the way home.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was in the low 70s today here (Sierra Foothills, east of Sacramento). I rode in to the office today and actually turned on the grip heaters on the way in. It was perfect on the way home.

My wife is from Sacramento so trust me when I say I envy your wide array of fairly close and amazing vistas for motorcycling.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a rally seat (taller, more like a motocross seat) for my F800GS. It arrived Monday and I installed it immediately. I rode to the office yesterday and really enjoyed the extra two inches of legroom. I can still flatfoot when I stop (on both sides) so I think the new seat is just about perfect for me.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get anything interesting for Christmas? We got my wife geared up with a new jacket/pants and a couple of other things.

I have been trying out the GS at our local off-road park to get a feel for dirt riding. I still suck but at least I feel now like I could go on a dirt road with friends and not ruin their day by having to wait 20 minutes after every stretch. They'd only have to wait like 15 minutes now. :D Unfortunately we've had a pretty steady run of rain this weekend so the OHV park is a bit too slippery for me right now.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
I'm stoked about what I got from my immediate family, all were upgrades to my existing equipment/setup. They got me a GoPro Hero 7 with a bunch of accessories + spare batteries I can't wait to see the jump in video quality from my Hero 3. Then to my utmost surprise they also got me a Simpson Street Bandit helmet which I've been looking at as an upgrade from my Biltwell Gringo. To round it off, I purchased a new pair of Dainese gloves since my current ones are at the end of its life

1609183793444.png

1609183838775.png

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
I'm stoked about what I got from my immediate family, all were upgrades to my existing equipment/setup. They got me a GoPro Hero 7 with a bunch of accessories + spare batteries I can't wait to see the jump in video quality from my Hero 3. Then to my utmost surprise they also got me a Simpson Street Bandit helmet which I've been looking at as an upgrade from my Biltwell Gringo. To round it off, I purchased a new pair of Dainese gloves since my current ones are at the end of its life

View attachment 1524919
View attachment 1524920
you can now be the stig's two wheeled cousin

Nader393

Reaction score
Bike is in the living room in pieces because I'm adapting a later, better flowing Honda CB200 head to an early CL175 bottom end. Putting a head from a vertical engine onto a sloping engine means the carburators won't be level, so I had to make new intake manifolds to accommodate the sloper's angle imparted to the vert head.

IMG_7811.jpeg

I have a fully equipped machine shop in a 6'X10' shed on my back patio, where I'm able to make stuff.
IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_7801.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

So here I go:
IMG_7780.jpeg

IMG_7781.jpeg

IMG_7783.jpeg

Nader393

Reaction score
Welded the bits together using a spool gun attachment for my MIG welder, then machined it clean:
IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

Cutting some grooves for the rubber sleeve to grip:
IMG_7814.jpeg

Then have to cut them up and re-weld to get the right angle:
IMG_7815.jpeg

IMG_7817.jpeg

IMG_7818.jpeg

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7821.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg

Pretty much done. I'm going to also going to make a heat insulating spacer between the manifold and head out of G7 Garolite material. Then I have to fab up an exhaust from scratch!
IMG_7852.jpeg

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Holy crap that looks like a lot of work. Definitely a labor of love.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads