Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

as much as I like the new fancy electronics that are coming out.... I still want that "old" ish Ducati Desmosidici... ( it is the closest thing to a MotoGP bike you can buy)

and none of the manufacturers have done that since the 80's ( RG500, RZV500R, NS400R)

what happened to race on sunday sell on monday......

or maybe its just me [​IMG]

Too expensive for 16 year old kids to buy anymore.

The manufacturers would probably be better off with more restrictive rules on what could be raced - since that would let them put bikes on the street to sell cheaper. It is sort of a trap they are in now where everyone wants the most badass thing out there, so they spend a ton of money making sure they are top of the heap, but it has driven up the cost of a bike to a pretty high level.

I know Pro Italia had a Desmosedici for $44k for a while, they must have sold it, but from what I hear, the thing is track only - absolutely sucks on the street and frankly is brutal to handle on the track for most people. Not that I'd turn one down.

That is why the new Vyrus might be hot. 600cc full on race bike for not too much money - yes, it is a CBR600rr engine, but people are ignoring that this is a MotoGP bike for the street. Plus hub centered steering for extra kicks.

2. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

Can't wait for NY to thaw out this spring though.
    Bah, I rode 40 miles on Friday. No, I could not feel my hands or thighs thereafter.

3. .bishop

.bishop Senior member

i race sport bikes

4. Duder

Duder Active Member

Too expensive for 16 year old kids to buy anymore.

The manufacturers would probably be better off with more restrictive rules on what could be raced - since that would let them put bikes on the street to sell cheaper. It is sort of a trap they are in now where everyone wants the most badass thing out there, so they spend a ton of money making sure they are top of the heap, but it has driven up the cost of a bike to a pretty high level.

I know Pro Italia had a Desmosedici for $44k for a while, they must have sold it, but from what I hear, the thing is track only - absolutely sucks on the street and frankly is brutal to handle on the track for most people. Not that I'd turn one down.

That is why the new Vyrus might be hot. 600cc full on race bike for not too much money - yes, it is a CBR600rr engine, but people are ignoring that this is a MotoGP bike for the street. Plus hub centered steering for extra kicks.

the New Vyrus looks great!!!, but at what price? $100 000 like their last creation?.....

I'd like to buy it... too bad here in Canada I'm taxed to death.. [​IMG] and they don't really allow special imports in....

now.. I'm being a bitch... maybe....[​IMG]

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

the New Vyrus looks great!!!, but at what price? $100 000 like their last creation?.....

I'd like to buy it... too bad here in Canada I'm taxed to death.. [​IMG] and they don't really allow special imports in....

now.. I'm being a bitch... maybe....[​IMG]

They are selling it three ways:
    From http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...86-m2-pricing/

"There's a price point for everyone in this launch, as the Factory will cost €55,000, the SL Replica €25,000, and the Replica Kit rounding out things at €16,900."

So buy the kit and source your own motor since they are charging 8k for a CBR600RR motor and you are in for 16,900+motor (~2.5K?). Not a bad deal depending on how good the street version is. If it isn't fully kit out, then it may be a crap deal since you might be paying 20k for a CBR600RR.

Obviously in Canada they will screw you over anyway...

6. pat pearson

pat pearson Senior member

Great video that a buddy of mine showed me the other day. Absolute bliss watching it if your a classic bike kind of person.

Here is my classic bonneville, I just put the cafe bars on it. There are a few things i want to do to it in the future as well.

[​IMG]

7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

[​IMG]

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Great video that a buddy of mine showed me the other day. Absolute bliss watching it if your a classic bike kind of person.

Here is my classic bonneville, I just put the cafe bars on it. There are a few things i want to do to it in the future as well.

[​IMG]

Nice Bonnie, I like what you've done.

Also great video, thanks for sharing. Captures most of the reasons I like riding motorcycles.

9. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

Pretty girl. Too bad she rides a Diavel, the motorcycle equivalent of a Porsche Cayenne.

10. pat pearson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additions to the Bonnie from last night,

Removal of front/rear fenders and addition of cafe seat. I'm done with modifying..

...for a little while

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

Beautiful. Details? How'd you come across it?

12. pat pearson

Beautiful. Details? How'd you come across it?

Ive always loved the look of a cafe'd Bonnie, but one day just decided to take the plunge out of nowhere really.

Sniped it off ebay for about 3g last month and just started riding it this week.

Im totally in love with it.

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Ive always loved the look of a cafe'd Bonnie, but one day just decided to take the plunge out of nowhere really.

Sniped it off ebay for about 3g last month and just started riding it this week.

Im totally in love with it.

I would be too, it's a beautiful bike, talk about classic..

14. Duder

Duder Active Member

They are selling it three ways:
    From http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...86-m2-pricing/

"There's a price point for everyone in this launch, as the Factory will cost €55,000, the SL Replica €25,000, and the Replica Kit rounding out things at €16,900."

So buy the kit and source your own motor since they are charging 8k for a CBR600RR motor and you are in for 16,900+motor (~2.5K?). Not a bad deal depending on how good the street version is. If it isn't fully kit out, then it may be a crap deal since you might be paying 20k for a CBR600RR.

Obviously in Canada they will screw you over anyway...

I'd consider buying one, if they offer them in a "kit" form