Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

Damn kookz, you're gonna need a roulette wheel in your garage to help you decide which one to ride..

Decided I need one of these after all:

Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle

Gloss black.

Congratulations on the pick up. But seriously now, you may have a problem.

When I head to South America I'll have to swing your way and we can get out for a ride.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

What up, I have been hoovering around this place for awhile and decided to join and since bikes have been a part of my life I thought this would have been a good place to start. Here's my bike i'm building atm a 82 XJ650 bobber.
    [​IMG]

Reminds me of friend's bike that I saw on facebook:

[​IMG]

3. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Wow, I hadn't checked this thread in a few months. Mistake. Beautiful stuff posted.

I particularly like those bikes above. What is that type of bike called?

Kookz, loved your pics of the cross-country trip and the fall. No damage on the bike? Hope I don't encounter that type of surface. Did you ever find out what it was?

Btw, I washed my bike for the first time in two yrs. this weekend. Discovered an electric plug on the right side that was disconnected. No idea what it does. Probably have been riding w/o it for a couple months. Well, I have one idea. For the past couple months, if I was engine braking in the first block or two from my house, the bike would stall. It also runs a little smoother now. Anyone have an idea what that plug was (on a 2003 f650 gs.)?

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

When I head to South America I'll have to swing your way and we can get out for a ride.

Good deal, PM me a couple of weeks in advance, and I'd be glad to join you for the day..

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

2011 Street Bob. Terrific bike. Too bad I won't be able to ride it much for the next 3 or 4 months.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Looks cool, but i'd worry about my ass/balls.

+1, looks like a torture device, wouldn't want to accidentally accelerate hard and get pushed back in that seat..

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

gnatty, how many bikes are you up to now?

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

gnatty, how many bikes are you up to now?

Three. One of these (Triumph) is dedicated to the weekend place, so really just the big twin and the sportster here at home. Way I figure it, most guys spend $30K to $40K on just one motorcycle after mods, especially for some of Harley Davidson's CVO options, so three bikes is not all that excessive, right? [​IMG]

9. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

Three. One of these (Triumph) is dedicated to the weekend place, so really just the big twin and the sportster here at home. Way I figure it, most guys spend $30K to $40K on just one motorcycle after mods, especially for some of Harley Davidson's CVO options, so three bikes is not all that excessive, right? [​IMG]

Oh, I thought this was your fourth. Three seems just about perfect! Until I sell my GS, then 2 is about perfect.

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Oh, I thought this was your fourth. Three seems just about perfect! Until I sell my GS, then 2 is about perfect.

Traded my Iron 883, just wasn't riding it as much as I should.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Glad I'm not much of a modder. Did it over 20 years ago on my first street bike (Kaw H2) and vowed I would never heavily mod a bike again.

Might hit the Victory dealership this weekend. Just exploratory, any purchase is a few years away.

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Glad I'm not much of a modder. Did it over 20 years ago on my first street bike (Kaw H2) and vowed I would never heavily mod a bike again.

I usually make some very minor modifications just to make the bike my own. I am changing the seat out on that Forty Eight, thought about mini-apes, and then abandoned that idea, but some of the bikes I see are crazy; we are talking thousands and thousands of dollars of mods, and the bikes look like shit, there's so much junk and overhead luggage compartments, and microwaves, they barely resemble motorcycles..

Might hit the Victory dealership this weekend. Just exploratory, any purchase is a few years away.

[​IMG] looking forward to you posting the pictures Monday.. Srsly dood, motorcycling is in the blood, once you get on again, you won't be able to leave the dealership without one... Anyway, good luck, hope you find something you like..

13. hankwx

hankwx Senior member

14. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2010/...cial-pics.html

cbr600f is back. looks cool, but too bad its not for the NA market!

[​IMG]

I think it would be better with a v-twin which just has superior torque characteristics for the street. It does look nice though... which is something that Honda seems to have been losing.

Finally sold my VFR. Now Hypermotard for around town or Multistrada for a little bit of everything?

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Not wanting to start drama in this thread, but how in the world can you guys think those motorcycles are even remotely attractive?