Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Six month riding season and you are in Miami? I would have thought it'd be much longer than that. Where I am, folks ride from April through October, and I've even seen some folks out in November.

Too hot in a leather jacket, I can't stand sweat streaming into my eyes at every stoplight and its not very safe either.

When I took my bike down to Georgia in August about 15 years ago a lot of people were puzzled that I would be riding in the heat -- struck me as a little odd, but I guess when you have the luxury of year-round riding you can afford to be picky about it.

2. PETEROCK1

PETEROCK1 Active Member

Great thread! I just discovered it this morning.

I'm the proud new owner of this
    [​IMG]

I live in San Francisco and have been riding a new Vespa GTS300 for the last year or so. I love it in the city but I just wanted more power for the open road. I wanted something truly classic so I started thinking about some of the European bikes but all of a sudden I just knew I wanted American. It's my first bike so I'm still getting used to the clutch but man is it fun to ride!

Now I need a leather jacket. I'll search the thread but have been reading a lot of great feedback about Fox Creek. Any advice?

jason, congrats! i'm picking up a street bob after the wedding! we gotta ride once i get it.

3. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I live in San Francisco and have been riding a new Vespa GTS300 for the last year or so. I love it in the city but I just wanted more power for the open road. I wanted something truly classic so I started thinking about some of the European bikes but all of a sudden I just knew I wanted American. It's my first bike so I'm still getting used to the clutch but man is it fun to ride!

Now I need a leather jacket. I'll search the thread but have been reading a lot of great feedback about Fox Creek. Any advice?

I had Fox Creek gloves and they were pretty nice. Not sure about their jackets but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Why not try Schott or Vanson?

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Too hot in a leather jacket, I can't stand sweat streaming into my eyes at every stoplight and its not very safe either.

When it's hot out I just ride with my silver (reflecting) mesh jacket, mesh gloves and dirt helmet (more air circulation) Not necessarily pleasant but bearable once I start moving.

Hate to say it, but when it's ridiculously hot, I ride without leather or gloves. Yeah, it's a risk, but I trade off the alternatives, and assume the risk. One way I mitigate the risk is I keep to low speeds, nothing over 35 mph.

[​IMG]

Nice bike and great choice for a starter bike. I love the classic look of those Sportsters. Take a class from MSF if you can..

5. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I just picked up one of these yesterday. I was able to get a little bit of seat time today and this machine is freaking FANTASTIC! I can't wait till my next day off. I'll be hitting the Texas Hill Country WFO! I'll post up some pics from the hill country soon.

[​IMG]

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I love it, the Multistrada!

7. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I love it, the Multistrada!

Tis everything they say it is.[​IMG]

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Random picture of my Bonneville, just because..

[​IMG]

9. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

quick iphone shot of my friend Walt's newest production (as in, his non bespoke offering) piece - meant to be a MTO, client has choice of several frame, bodywork, seat colors and engine/detailing finishes.
    This is an upright Monster based bike, utilizing a Ducati 900SS motor/frame - many custom touches. The bespoke bikes are really amazing - www.waltsiegl.com
    Enjoy -
    [​IMG]

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Tis everything they say it is.[​IMG]

If you get tired of it, and feel like donating it to charity - I'll take it.

11. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

custom ordered Mule done in a vintage TT/Flat track style - re-customized with silver/satin black theme, hot rodded 1360cc HD based motor, hand formed aluminum bodywork, etc.
    [​IMG]

12. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

If you get tired of it, and feel like donating it to charity - I'll take it.

OK, can I break it in first? [​IMG]

Artoftime, I dig Walts work.

13. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

Artoftime, I dig Walts work.

he's approaching bike building from a unique/artisinal angle, for sure.

14. WoodyStylee

WoodyStylee Senior member

quick iphone shot of my friend Walt's newest production (as in, his non bespoke offering) piece - meant to be a MTO, client has choice of several frame, bodywork, seat colors and engine/detailing finishes.
    This is an upright Monster based bike, utilizing a Ducati 900SS motor/frame - many custom touches. The bespoke bikes are really amazing - www.waltsiegl.com
    Enjoy -
    [​IMG]

Other then the red powdercoated frame (which i'm assuming was the stock color), this is amazing.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Please do.