• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Motorcycles

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the time they're just chatting away. Sometimes when I'm out and about they will ride in groups that take up most of the lane and won't move at all. I was a big cyclist for many years but I just don't get the mentality of some of them. I think it ought to be mandatory that they ride single file on the road.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got back a couple of hours ago from a nice long ride up into the Sierras with a few friends. I was definitely the noob/slow guy of the group, but everyone else has been riding for at least 30-35 years.

We rode about 250 miles, starting in El Dorado Hills, up through Foresthill and Grass Valley, through a bunch of two-lane mountain roads through towns I didn't even know existed, and wound up in Truckee. Then two of us peeled off and zipped down I-80 to Auburn to meet our wives for a late lunch before heading home. It was a great day and the furthest I've ever ridden in a single day, by far.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Now that there's been some sunshine here again, I've been able to enjoy the trumpy again.
Removed the rear luggage rack/passenger backrest for a cleaner look.
I've since fitted some saddlebags after this pic was taken.

IMG_1971.jpg

Next step: white letter tyres. The Pirelli Night Dragons this bike is wearing lend themselves nicely to contrast lettering; my last bike had them and I'd done it on that, with good effect.
Wanting to track down some clear lenses for the indicators also.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
@VaderDave slow is cool mate! I love being at the back of most rides I'm really there to take in the sights and enjoy my time.

Here are photos of my recent trip up the Central CA coast. I took the 33 through Santa Maria into Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, and Cayucos on Day 1. Then Day 2 I rode as much of the 1 up to the closed section of Big Sur (unfortunately had to cut the Big Sur half due to the fires which was probably for the best) and backtracked into Santa Barbara. Finally, Day 3 was alot of canyon riding outside of Santa Barbara into Carpinteria, Ventura, and Oxnard. Really enjoyed my time taking back roads and ending the day at some AirBnB along the coast.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I like being able to take things at my own (relatively slow) pace.

Great pics! I will have to take more when I go next time.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The "feels like" temperature here was been 105 to 112F for what seems like months now. As much as I like riding, I just cannot bring myself to sit on a bike in traffic long enough to get out of town and hit the open road. I guess it's not much different than taking winters off in Philly, only here, riding is miserable from June through likely end of September.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes! We had a week of 110-plus temperatures a couple of weeks ago. It was horrible. On top of that, we had lots of smoke blowing in from wildfires in the Bay Area so it was definitely a recipe for staying inside.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yikes! We had a week of 110-plus temperatures a couple of weeks ago. It was horrible. On top of that, we had lots of smoke blowing in from wildfires in the Bay Area so it was definitely a recipe for staying inside.
Yeah, that does not sound like conditions I'd like to be outdoors in. I see for the first time in months, the 10 day forecast has daytime highs only in the mid-80s with overnight lows actually into the 60s. Pig in shit days for me. Haven't ridden in months, so that may be my window.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We top out in the low 90s today, so I'm going to ride to the office. It's only about a 10-minute ride, so even if it gets really hot by day's end I can sweat it out on the way home.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score

The new Honda Trail is so dope. If I had a truck I'd instantly get one of these. Would be so at-home in the bay area and non-urban areas

Bromley

Reaction score
Camping on a remote patch of land for sale in the Shenandoah Valley earlier this summer on a mostly off pavement/off-road trip. 14 nights outside, and only one campground. There's still a lot of this country where you can just sleep on the side of the trail. Long dirt bike trips weed out the underprepared quickly, and we lost one of the group early to mechanical failures. It's a great joy in my life to have a few good friends who are always up for this kind of trip.
IMG_20200606_065119.jpg

michaellosauro

Reaction score

The new Honda Trail is so dope. If I had a truck I'd instantly get one of these. Would be so at-home in the bay area and non-urban areas

This actually seems perfect for urban areas, too.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score

Postmen have been riding these in Australia for decades.
And the general public have been buying them and thrashing them off road for just as long :rotflmao:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm headed out for an all-day Intro to Dual-Sport/ADV Riding class. I'm looking forward to learning some skills off-pavement and then taking a ride up into the Sierra Foothills/Gold Country on a guided tour. Hopefully I return with all limbs intact. :D

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's