• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still want one? Just got a call from a friend about a woman who bought one brand new for her bf... who just broke up with her. Only 17 miles on the clock...
Thanks, but I'm a one-vehicle man for the time being.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome dude! You'd have more fun on an adventure bike though, something like a KTM 790 Adventure/BMW 850GS. But kudos for getting out and enjoying your bike.
I hear you. I'm taking these pictures from a WR250r. Leading the dude in the pics on increasingly difficult rides to convince him of the same. What do you ride?

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I'm taking these pictures from a WR250r. Leading the dude in the pics on increasingly difficult rides to convince him of the same. What do you ride?
Yeah that's a perfect bike for those trails. I have an fz-07 right now and love it around town and in the twisties but it kind of sucks on the highway for long stretches, too buzzy and turbulent. Possibly because I am too tall and too light for the bike to ground it better. Would love to add a dual sport like yours or the CRF450L for the trails but I live in a major metro area I can't get anywhere good without riding the highway for a couple of hours and neither of those bikes are fun for a 4 hour commute. I might have to just get an adventure bike as a compromise.

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update: As of March 6 I’ve been living in France. But none of the motorbikes I bought to start an MC rental business here made it out here, because in February, Trump ordered U.S. Customs not to clear any N.Y-titled vehicles for export.
Ain’t that a *****?

Sorry man, hope this gets cleared up for you soon. Looking forward to hearing how the business goes once its up and running, and good luck.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: As of March 6 I’ve been living in France. But none of the motorbikes I bought to start an MC rental business here made it out here, because in February, Trump ordered U.S. Customs not to clear any N.Y-titled vehicles for export.
Ain’t that a *****?

****!!!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still want one? Just got a call from a friend about a woman who bought one brand new for her bf... who just broke up with her. Only 17 miles on the clock...

That is how my best friend got his bike. His neighbour was in the same situation. I believe the sight of that bike sitting in her garage enraged her. He just threw out a random number (which was about 1/4 of its worth) and she took it

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random pic of some guy on his Sportie

DABE91AF-4D94-473D-B785-CBE61803C47B.jpeg

Skanstull

Reaction score
It would be nice with a thread on how to be stylish on a motorcycle.

I have a Eastman G-1 for light duties and Vanson Model B for better protection but would need some inspiration for decent pants.

Skanstull

Reaction score
I'd follow that thread . . . I'd also totally dominate it.

Thread posted - would be great if you contribute and help kick it off!!

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is apparently ride your motorcycle to work day (29th annual!). So I did. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads