1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

What size are you?

I've got a bunch of gear I'd be willing to unload cheap. Jackets, gloves, armor, helmets. I personally wouldn't buy a used helmet from a stranger...but I have two (a full face bell and an open bell 500) that I would still be using myself if I had a bike. I may still have a new bike in the future, but right now clearing precious space in my apartment is looking better than hoarding gear for a future "maybe"...

edit: nevermind, saw you posted before me and are mostly set. My pants (kevlar lined jeans) were looking sad so I tossed them, but I still have a set of d3o knee armor if you're interested.

2. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

You need to consider a jacket with at least elbow and shoulder armour. Besides, fashion jackets rarely make the transition to riding well. Riding jackets normally have longer arms and a longer back. Union Garage has a really nice looking custom Vanson jacket that comes with elbow, shoulder and back protection. At $950 it ain't cheap but it is a looker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be honest I only have 1 pair of safe pants and that is a 1 piece suit and I normally wear fashion jeans. I tried a set of hard knee armour once but found them sweaty and uncomfortable. I think soft ones such as these by Force Field might be more reasonable as well as comfortable.

[​IMG]

A buddy of mine religiously wears a pair of Fieldsheer mesh overpants and swears by them but I'm just not feeling them.

I have seen Spidi, Alpine Stars & Dainese denim that look pretty good and blends into "regular" life. Jeans with the seamless pockets look better than the ones without IMO but the jeans with external seams allow you to take armour out without taking the pants off.

I saw these and they looked pretty cool

Fuel Serjeant Pants (they have nice looking gloves as well)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11.5 oz waxed cotton or 14.5 oz waxed denim, lined against abrasion, easily removable knee and hip armour. Kinda cool looking but not sure about wearing on an everyday basis. If you like to channel Steve McQueen these pants were made for you

Ugly Bros pants look pretty good too

[​IMG]

Knoxx has some nice looking pants as well

Dalton

dalton-1708-540x810.jpg
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019

3. scamster

scamster Senior Member

lurk on here now and again as i'm thinking of learning to ride. for abrasion resistant jeans with armour how about the saint model 3 they have a whole range of clothing for motorcycle riders. might be worth a look.

[​IMG]