1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

I have a nowhere near top of the line Teknic 1 piece suit that, thanks to a summer of beer filled evenings, fits a lot more snug than it used to. lol You have to take in to effect your body type. For example I cant see squeezing the aforementioned beer belly into a RS Taichi suit. Those slender framed days have passed me by.

I tend to watch what road riders such as TT racers as well as motorcycle magazine reviewers wear (Fast Bikes, Visordown, Motorcyclist, Cycle World, etc.) and it seems you can't go wrong with AlpineStars, RST or Spada. A* in particular come at every price point and are super popular. As far as brands that I prefer I do love my Dainese jackets but I would not buy one of their suits as they are too expensive. I like Spidi's products but they are almost as expensive as Dainese. RS Taichi is good if you are of small stature. Vanson if you are of large stature. I hate Joe Rocket gear but they are very affordable as is AGV Sport

2. Rumpelstiltskin

So I rode a kitted out (80 cc) Derbi GPR 50 over the weekend. Solid framed, 17" wheels, proper suspension, 6 speed tranny, 2 stroke thumper. Powerband is about as narrow as a rubberband but it's kinda fun and once you hit about 8k the front wheel actually gets light. That's the fastest I have ever gone on a slow bike

Except for the exhaust it looked just like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bromley

Bromley Senior Member

DSCF0566.JPG DSCF0665.JPG DSCF0680.JPG DSCF0730.JPG DSCF0812.JPG DSCF0829.JPG

DSCF1428.JPG

4. John Doe

John Doe Distinguished Member

That's awesome! Where is it?

5. Bromley

Bromley Senior Member

Colorado (Telluride, Ouray, Silverton), and Moab, UT. Some of the small towns in that part of Colorado are connected by old, defunct mining roads. It makes for some beautiful riding if you've got the right tires and ground clearance.

6. Bromley

Bromley Senior Member

Is anyone here on ADVrider? @emptym ?

7. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Damn, that looks like a lot of fun.
    Yep, but I think I'm emptm there. Haven't posted for a few years. I haven't taken any fun rides since we had our oldest, so about 6 yrs. And we moved a couple years ago, so my commute is just two miles by bicycle. Been thinking of selling the bike...:(

8. Bromley

Bromley Senior Member

Ah, bummer. Bicycle commute is ideal, though.

9. Rumpelstiltskin

On today's episode of I Think It Moved we feature the MV Agusta Brutale 1000 Serie Oro

1000 cc inline 4
    208 hp
    85 ft/lbs of torque
    Ohlins front & rear
    Red carbon fiber wheels
    Copious amounts of carbon fiber bodywork
    410 lbs dry [​IMG]
    Price: $45,000 [​IMG]

The good news is that MV will release a standard version of this bike that is attainable by mere mortals. I'd be happy without any carbon fiber bodywork, an in-house exhaust (maybe) and Marchesini wheels. I'd want to keep the Ohlins suspension though, esp that blacked out fork. If only there were local dealers. The 2 closest dealers are either 158 miles and 166 miles away. WTF? What sense does that make? I'd understand if I lived in Bumfuck Arkansas but I'm in DC. Why isn't there a dealer closer than 3 hours away from the nation's capitol?

When the moon hits your eyes like a big pizza pie that's amore...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

I would never ride that thing, but damn, I can appreciate beautiful design. Wow.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

So, is this thread suitable for all kind of motorcycles or just for certain type?

12. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Only the cool ones

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Hehehe Harley Davidson, Indian, are ok?

14. John Doe

John Doe Distinguished Member

This thread is Carabela and Islo specific (I'm pretty sure only Betelgeuse will get this reference).

15. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

I prefer Kymco, but whatever floats your boat.