• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The 500f looks pretty awesome, rode the cbr250 for my rider's course. I'd love to get the 500f for my first bike but there's not a ton of used ones floating around. Also, post pics!

I kind of want one too...but I don't see a single used one anywhere (not that it is prime used bike season in IL...). Some from dealers seem to be listed down at low 5's

I sure wish I could get one for 4300 shipped! Ideally I would like to spend less on my next bike (3000-3500 probably), but I would hand over the extra money no problem for a 2013 with 1k miles.

dohare

Reaction score
I kind of want one too...but I don't see a single used one anywhere (not that it is prime used bike season in IL...). Some from dealers seem to be listed down at low 5's

I sure wish I could get one for 4300 shipped! Ideally I would like to spend less on my next bike (3000-3500 probably), but I would hand over the extra money no problem for a 2013 with 1k miles.
i ran into a posting online for this dealer, they were selling on consignment for some woman who's son left it at her house after he moved out of her house? or something along those lines, she had the title and all. haha.

and yeah since they only started making them in 2013, people are still enjoying them before moving on, i'd expect 2014 to be a good year for some used ones to start popping up.

maybe mine in 6 months, ive already set aside $5k for a ducati 796.

Last edited:

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score

This is my 1973 Triumph T140. I built it from the ground up last year, no two bolts were together when I started. Everything inside the engine, pistons, valves, etc, were brand new and shiny. Everything else was the cheapest old and original parts I could find, which means there is a lot of chipped and mis matched paint, rust, caked up grime, and dents. But I don't care how it looks, so much, I care how it rides (okay, and how it sounds). I have a friend who has been building and racing British motorcycles for 40 years, with a collection of almost 100 bikes, who guided me through the whole process. Also, you guys might appreciate this, being on SF, I bought a new pair of APC jeans around the time I started working on the bike, and I wore them every single time I worked on it, and every time I ride it. The fades are now fantastic, and are unique to my bike. The insides of the knees are near white from hugging the tank, and the left cuff is soaked through with oil, plus there is blood and grease spattered on them from the whole process. I even took a good spill in them and got some cool fraying on the side from the slide.

Last edited:

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score
Posting from phone, the only other pic I have on here is of a client riding it around the parking lot after a hair appointment...

epb

Reaction score

Nice. I really think one of these would be perfect for me as a city bike - it could keep on the Edens or Stevenson, but still be sensible around town. I like the looks of the Bonneville more, though, and the Moto Guzzi V7 is tempting...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brakes locked up today. I undid the bleeder and it spat out some fluid and now seems fine. Did I just have too much in there?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will you feel safe when enough posters say 'yes'?

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the safety of it or my life - Darwinism. I'm just curious what the cause was. Since it was a gradual lock-up, I'm assuming it was from fluid expanding, which means I probably had too much in there. Just wanted affirmation this theory is sound since I don't post on any other forums at present. Do you have insights or just want to post snide remarks?

This bike is neato:

Kookz

Reaction score
Need more details on the bike and condition of the brakes, but that's usually caused by a dragging caliper. Bleeding it off only works until the next time you use the brakes, they'll need to be rebuilt. It's a quick/easy process though.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dohare

Reaction score
hilarious.

finally got on it yesterday in the 40 degrees sunny weather. was doing 65 no problem on my 500...although in top gear at 50mph its sitting at 4k rpm.

i think i'm ready for my 796.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads