1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Clutch is getting mushy. Not slipping but def could use more bite

2. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Coincidentally I just saw a video on this. Check your clutch cable for kinks and/or snags if you haven't already. It may just need lubing

3. Cool The Kid

Hmm that is a good idea. I did not even consider that. I am also considering swapping the springs. Cheap, easy, effective, though it could be a bitch in stop and go traffic which is usually not an issue for me.

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

How was that guys ass after riding the super duke across the country?

Pfurey, excuse my ignorance, but which bike is that?

5. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Apparently he was fine from the ride, which is mind-boggling. Having ridden the beast, the vibrations in the bars are the only uncomfortable part about the bike. That, and it was far too tall for me. It's pretty much a VERY fast dirtbike for the road.

7. Cool The Kid

School me on how to get test rides. I have never ridden a motorcycle besides my own and I don't really want to join any MC clubs or w/e.

8. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

1. Go to Euro dealerships such as BMW. Every teenage kid wants to test ride a gixxer

2. Make sure dealership is on the good part of town

3. Stay away from asking to test faired bikes. Plastic costs

That's about it. I once popped into a small Ducati dealership that was off the beaten path. Shot the shit with the salesman and then he asked me if I wanted to take anything out for a spin. I was in a hurry so I declined but he told me to come back anytime because they kept bikes specially for test rides.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  9. Rumpelstiltskin

I am in awe

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. John Doe

This is a much better way to surf as you'd be too fast for a shark to get you, although running out of gas would be a bitch.

11. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Call around the local dealerships and ask when their demo days are.

12. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Had a nice ~400KM round trip ride this past Saturday which really made me appreciate my bike a lot more. I put the little Dart flyscreen on as it was primarily slab riding and it really seemed to help.

I also stopped in at one of the large bike dealerships on my way back and sat on a Striple....it fit nicely. :crazy:

They had the new Ducati scramblers there as well but I wasn't really that interested.

Any good riding from you guys this weekend?

13. Cool The Kid

I rode out to a dealership to see if I could get some test rides out yesterday as I had to work from home and had some free time. Took the highway up, but it was backed up on the way home so I took some nice country roads back. No dice on test rides, they gave me some shit about floor bikes not having any oil or w/e and used bikes being all on commission. So apparently they sell all their bikes w/o anyone actually test riding them lol.

14. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

The place near me has demo days, and if you call a sales guy in advance they can set something up.

15. Rumpelstiltskin

Or gas. That was almost certainly true.

16. crich775

crich775 Member

+1, I ride BMW and have never purchased a bike without first riding it, most J-bike shops won't even let you test used bikes in my experience.

17. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

18. John Doe

Next week myself and a couple of buddies are riding up to Silver City, New Mexico to blast around the mountains, camp, and drink alcohol. We'll be gone for about five days.

19. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

There's a 2007 SV650S that's local to me here in MA. Price is 3400 but I'd offer 3000, I think.
    https://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/5145085366.html

Problem is... my license, car insurance, etc. is all registered to PA. Anyone ever bought a bike across state lines? Any advice? I can get stuff notarized here and take it to a dealer etc. I just need to do the homework but don't really know where to start!

20. Cool The Kid

I *THINK* you should be OK w/no plate and just a bill of sale if you get pulled over. Maybe not. IDK. 100% legal option would be to tow or U haul the bike and not ride it until you get it registered. But if the seller doesn't need his plate you should be OK just riding it with that.