1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

Oh gawd no! And double no after that gold cup final performance

sidenote: your countryman "Mr. Fete" was here the other day. Decent show. Very decent. I haven't seen him live since he was with Xtatic

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

They did well to get that far. I foresee them being our primary competition for that third WC qualifying spot.

Yeah, Machel puts on a good show.

3. Rumpelstiltskin

The way y'all came back to tie Mexico was impressive (it should have been a win). El Tri were looking like mere mortals for the entire tournament but a 3 horribly called penalties put them in the final. Panama would have beaten JA in the final IMHO

4. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

El Chapo's presence was bearing down on the refs.....

1 person likes this.
  5. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I got a belstaff textile jacket off ebay (overstocked or discontinued model) for under $100.

Perfectly fine jacket for any conditions I was going to be riding in until I found a leather jacket I liked.

Can totally get passable gear for cheap. Especially if you are willing to buy cheapass stuff now, and buy a second time when you have been riding longer and have a better idea what kind of stuff you actually want.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rumpelstiltskin

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  7. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

When you go to Philly, drop a flower for Meek for me.

61X GOD!

1 person likes this.
  8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

:lol: Meek thought this would be a walk in the park............. not a good look.............

Bwitter is ablaze.....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Just picked this up a week or two ago coming from a Bonneville. In love.

Anyone here ride in / near Philadelphia?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Rumpelstiltskin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Would love to hear more about how it feels going from the Bonneville.

12. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Bonneville was my first bike, so I was sad to see it go. I had both the Bonnie and Street for a little while, but just didn't have the space to keep them both.

The Bonneville awesome. Comfortable (with new suspension), torque-y at the low end, and looked badass. It was just heavy, slow, and became a little boring to me over time. I found myself wanting a lighter, more nimble, faster bike so looked at the Street R's. Anytime I rode the Bonnie in a spirited manner, I always felt like the brakes couldn't keep up so it was never that confidence inspiring unless I was just putting around town.

The Street is incredibly smooth, comfortable (more so than the Bonnieville), accelerates faster, brakes faster, and overall feels of much higher quality. It's not too fast to get you in trouble on accident, and ABS is nice to have. Everything about it is that much smoother and more refined and honestly way more fun to ride. That said, I have a Coffman shorty exhaust on it now that I need to replace, it's FUCKING LOUD even with earplugs in.

Overall, really happy with the Street. May be the perfect bike for me.

13. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

:confused::crazy:

You've just described my experiences so far with my Bonnie. I'm starting to notice the lack of power a bit but i'm hoping dropping down to a 17T sprocket will help.

I really really really want a Striple though for all the reasons you've listed. And oh - I want to keep the Bonnie too.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Man if not for my damn commute I would love a naked. If the Striple came with a fairing option I would kop. 40 degree weather + no fairing + 80-90 MPH commute is no go though.

15. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Just ran the insurance on having a Striple and it actually comes out to something reasonable.

2016 goals.....

16. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Dropping the sprocket doesn't change much realistically on the Bonnie, I've ridden a friends Thruxton with a 17t, and a friends Bonnie with a 17t + big bore kit and airbox removal. It's still an engine that sort of dies above 4k, still 500lbs, etc, etc.

I pay $70/month for full insurance with Dairyland on a 2013 STR in a not so great (insurance wise) area code in Philadelphia. It's honestly pretty fun and even without the fairings it handles fine on the highway. The little flyscreen does a lot, and you can get a windscreen that attaches to it as well. I was having a hard time on the highway before getting a new helmet on my old bike, but my Arai cuts down on wind a lot more than my old lid.

I say go for it. I've ridden a fair amount of fun bikes (didn't own them though): Street Triple, KTM SuperDuke, Monster's, etc and the Street is by far my favorite by a large margin.

17. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Weird. That's about what I'd pay here in Toronto and our insurance rates are TERRIBLE. My quote is based on the fact that I have 2 other bikes plus home insurance w/ the company so it's not entirely accurate.

I have the airbox removed but that's about it performance-wise. I'm replacing the rectifier with a Rick's Hotshot mosfet as I know that the stock one'll crap out on me eventually. The 17T might still be a go but i'll probably wait till the chain needs replacing.

But yeah - I'm open to buying a 2013 or 2014 in the new year if the price is right. Word on the street is that Triumph is gonna add some 800cc models to the Street lineup as well. That should help drive the 675 prices down....

I'm jealous that you've ridden the SuperDuke tho.....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

$70/mo? I just checked on a Street Triple, and I would be at $133/yr

19. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

I think you missed the part about bad area code in Killadelphia... haha.

20. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I moded my Bonnie for looks, but that was about it. I missed it for a day but I'm so glad I've moved on. An 800cc Street would be awesome...

SuperDuke was insane. SO buzzy, though. My friend rode it across the country a little while back, too.